advertisement

iTunes 11

Gah. I clearly have no capacity to learn. Do not update iTunes. Repeat do not update iTunes. I installed the latest iTunes update over breakfast this morning only to have it lose the mapping between the library db and the file location. No matter what I did, the preferences pane pointed to Volumes/Lacie/Music and every single library entry was tagged with a long file path beginning with localhost. Every single entry was a file not found. Library deletion and a total rebuild ensued. It's doing the 'finding artwork' thing now so I can expect a few hundred missing or incorrect at least.

Apple have just released an update to iTunes.

It now allows you to see artwork in 'Songs' view which was one of the big complaints about 11.

Also speed improvements apparently.

Hi PFM. It's been an absolute age, life has been nailing me to the ground!

Running Mac mini (10.8.3), PureMusic 1.89g, M2-Tech Young DAC etc

Anyway, I foolishly updated to 11.0.3 and now iTunes/PureMusic won't cooperate. Upon pressing play I get a couple of seconds of the track, its stops then (sometimes) loops a small section of the track quietly.

I've dropped Rob at PM a line but wondered if any PFMers had played with 11.0.3.
Cheers all,
Andy

Channel D support is excellent. Within an hr or so of me contacting them they replied with this:

"Hello,
We have posted a notice on our website regarding this issue, and have a near-term work-around / solution:

http://www.channld.com/support-troubleshooting.html

Latest iTunes 11.0.3 update - incompatibility and work-around

Apple released iTunes 11.0.3 on May 16, 2013. There is an issue that causes music playback to jump to the end of the track unexpectedly.

There is a work-around that eliminates the issue. In the Pure Music Preferences, Music Server Settings->Special->iTunes tab, uncheck the option called "Manually Adjustable" in the iTunes Interaction pane.

We are investigating and will post a Pure Music update as soon as possible that addresses the issue without requiring the work-around. If you haven't updated to iTunes 11.0.3, we'd recommend waiting to update iTunes until the Pure Music update is available.

Thank you for your patience while we address this issue.
Channel D Support"

advertisement

Back