advertisement

Heads up on Sony MDR-1R bargain price

Thanks daws0n for the heads up :) Got them for £85

Need a longer cable so will check out Rosie's recommendation

Gus

Hi Gus,
I don't think the cable is listed on the Connect Audio shop , they seem to do extention cables ,you might need to contact them and ask for a special, its what I did . Well worth doing though .

Martin

Left mine running in attached to a radio (I've also lost my 6.3mm adaptor) for any afternoon last weekend. I've only used them twice. TBH my tinnitus is a bit bad currently, and i don;t want to worsen it listening via headphones, so will wait a while.

Does anyone find their attention drifting when listening - like the phones don't quite "engage"? It's likely my sources (so far ipod with compressed content).

Can anyone recommend a reasonable headphone amp to go with these 24 ohm jobbies? My DAC has an output impedance of 200 ohms, so I guess it will need a buffer (if not exactly an amplifier) to drive them.
I'm amazed how good they sound straight from my iPhone 5.

Try the new Project S box , its nice, good, better than its £100 price tag. I had it for a day and then got the ifi micro iCAN its out of sight. I know I keep going on about this but I think its brill. HiFi + may have reviewed it ? You saved a packet on the cans get a better amp and hear what they can do . iCAN £225.

rosie

Try the new Project S box , its nice, good, better than its £100 price tag. I had it for a day and then got the ifi micro iCAN its out of sight. I know I keep going on about this but I think its brill. HiFi + may have reviewed it ? You saved a packet on the cans get a better amp and hear what they can do . iCAN £225.

rosie
Thanks I was thinking maybe 100ish, but will bear in mind. Afaik The iPhone 5 does not do line out so its either headphones or a device which is either apple approved or brilliantly hacked for digital out. As a result for now I was thinking of a device for home system use not iPhone, although I wouldn't rule out portable. Any views on the best fiio device?

advertisement

Back