advertisement

How many SqueezeBox Touch users in the forum

SBT here with standard PSU into an Audiolab CDQ.

Tried SoundChecks TT3.0 mods, but found they sucked the soul out of the music so reverted. Now use Triodes EDO mods which do bring worthwhile improvments. Still using coax out though rather than USB. Just prefer the more lively sound of coax over USB out. Especially with a decent coax cable - probably the best upgrade I've had from the SBT.

1 SBT with upgraded power supply but no DAC in my kitchen system.
An SB+ in my office - so fancy power supply + DAC on that one
SB radio in the bathroom
Nothing on my main system because I mostly use that for vinyl and my CDs are near it. I guess it'll end up with an SBT at some point though.

Main system 1 SBT into M-Dac; 1 stock in 2nd room; 1 in study. 2 Duets now redundant (if anyone's interested!)

1 SBT (EDO/USB) -> CDQ -> Adam Compact Active MK3

1 SBR with battery to be used in bedroom / kitchen / garden

I’ve been using the Touch for a couple of years now and love it. Standard power supply and a Beresford Caiman DAC (not that it makes much difference).

I plan to buy a DAC on the next level and would consider upgrading the power supply but it’s not a priority at the moment.

If you connect the SBT to a DAC via USB, the PSU upgrade on the SBT will probably not yield any material SQ improvement.... I suggest you invest the money into either a better DAC or an upgrade into the DAC PSU ... At least that's my rationale for not buying a teddy pardo PSU for the SBT and investing the money on the MDAC PSU upgrade from JohnW

Seems like quite alot of us,
Touch in main system with Linear psu from Mark Grant and Keces 131 Dac.Spotify
SB Classic in workshop,SBooster,NVA AP10,Alesis Passive monitors.(the most listened to).
SB radio upstairs.
Can't remember life without one,must be old age...:D

Standard SBT into dual mono Buffalo-III, love it and had it a few years now.

Only mod is taking the back off to survey the I2S bus lines pending some pinko bodgery.

Also have 2 radios, a boom and duet, great whole house system and usually runs with all players synchronized.

Not managed to get the cover back on yet :D:D:D

I am thinking of buying SBT for internet radio, pls advise what else I can use it and if/how I can connect to my Rega DAC ?
sorry for my ignorance, am an old vinyl guy:p
Also where to get and what to recommend of best poss. PSU ?

I have a SBT too, in standard form, no mods or aftermarktet PSUs.

I use the digital out via SPDIF into my DAC/amp.

Very happy with it!

Standard SBT with stock power supply, no external DAC and the red/white cables that came with it, wireless connection to the PC. Doing everything wrong and yet.....

S.

As it came with its PSU and no external DAC although used a better quality interconnect than supplied. Buffalo Linkstation Mini 500GB (1TB as RAID1) NAS

advertisement

Back