advertisement

PG Fans - Classic Albums

Bit of a typo there, I meant his fist four.

Seen him at the Glasgow Apollo touring the 4th album, a great gig. Only tempered by a lengthy power cut. In fact it might have been two power cuts, if remembered correctly. Mind you it was nearly 30 years ago.

Ally

I saw him at the Apollo in 1977 (1st solo album?), but my main recollection is the support act: Nona Hendryx in a green lycra cat suit

"Nona Hendryx in a green lycra cat suit" Ooh la la!

The support act when I seen Gabriel, weren't nearly as eye catching, but were very good, Zerra 1. Quite a brooding atmospheric set, though I never checked them out further.

Ally

P.S. Just checked out Zerra 1 through youtube. That's not how I remembered them. Maybe I'm thinking of Random Hold. They supported Gabriel a couple of years earlier.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
It's worth checking out "Exposure" by Robert Fripp which has a reworking of "Exposure" from "Scratch" and IMHO the best version of "Here Comes the Flood"

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great. I heard John Cale on BBC's Desert Island discs play the original version of Flood - he said he always wondered how it was written, was it the piano first or the vocals - sets up a strange mood.

advertisement

Back