advertisement

Lomax archive online

kasperhauser

pfm Member
Incredible array of Alan Lomax's field recordings from the 40s, 50s, and 60s available for free exploration here:

Lomax archive

What's there? Oral history from blues greats, Mississippi prison work songs, folk songs from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Morocco, Spain, Italy, Romania, the Soviet Union... some 17,000 recordings.

I know where I'm going to be spending hours and hours of time.

Warning: sometimes tough to get access - I think they are pretty slammed with traffic since releasing this stuff.

Incredible array of Alan Lomax's field recordings from the 40s, 50s, and 60s available for free exploration here:

Lomax archive

What's there? Oral history from blues greats, Mississippi prison work songs, folk songs from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Morocco, Spain, Italy, Romania, the Soviet Union... some 17,000 recordings.

I know where I'm going to be spending hours and hours of time.

Warning: sometimes tough to get access - I think they are pretty slammed with traffic since releasing this stuff.
Looking forward to the Prisoner's works songs becoming available, my copy of 'Murderer's Home' is knackered beyond belief, but it's an astonishing record.

advertisement

Back