advertisement

Kef b110 pair, faulty

KCT

pfm Member
Hi , anyone interested ?. they both scrape and dont sound good. Will need refurbishing I guess. Please pm £20

Sometimes they just sag and can be restored by simply inverting them on the baffle.
There are quite a few variants of this driver too, so it might be useful to quote the SP number.
Peter

I have a spare B110 SP1057 that was sagging, so I left it in the back of a cabinet for the past year. It was face down / magnet up. Because of this thread, I just pulled it out, and sure enough, it seems to be sorted!

I also have some Kef Ref 101s, and one of the B110s buzzes when driven louder. Is there a cure? Or should I just replace it with the spare?

Thanks.

I have a spare B110 SP1057 that was sagging, so I left it in the back of a cabinet for the past year. It was face down / magnet up. Because of this thread, I just pulled it out, and sure enough, it seems to be sorted!

I also have some Kef Ref 101s, and one of the B110s buzzes when driven louder. Is there a cure? Or should I just replace it with the spare?

Thanks.

The SP1057 is the correct one for the R101, so I would just replace it with your spare one.

I had a Kef B200. Same symptoms and I left it. It was perfect later. Sold it for a few pounds. Everbody was happy... Martyn Miles

Pete, how on earth does this inversion method work. Surely if they are dragging they just stick and cones cant move down

Gravity. I guess that over time the cone surrounds and suspension become more elastic and start to sag. If you turn them upside down sometimes it's enough for them to re-centre themselves. Worth a try, surely?

Hi KCT

I would love them, I was just about to begin looking for a pair. PM sent.

Kind Regards
Peter

advertisement

Back