advertisement

dual teddycap against Naim supercap

Dear Mike,

For your information, The new AR Sound cables intend to replace the standard cables connected to an external power supply (Lunar 4&5)- where never heard by any Israeli ever (except one... as you may guess) . These cables never been sold, nor demonstrated, in the state of Israel.

I can recommend the new Lunar 4&5 cables as a major improvement over the standard cables, while the sonic improvement is at the level of replacing any other item in the system, including power supplies.

As you know, all AR Sound cables are offered with full refund option, so every person could try the cables comfortably, with his own system, at home.

(This post is a response to the former post, which include an unsavory statement, from an unreliable source of information).

Kind Regards,

Avi Rabinovich,
AR Sound

Avi, I'm sorry if I am misinformed & as a result have misinformed.
But a guy I know from Israel who was staying in UK who told me about 2 weeks ago that he tried some of your SNAIC cables. He said they were "top end" so I assumed he meant the Lunar's. OK maybe I misunderstood him, maybe he was on a line of BS, maybe he was not using the "top end". Next time I see him I will ask him.
I assumed he bought them in Israel, he is always travelling back & forth. But he travels in UK Europe USA & SA, so who knows

Note to self: don't quote hearsay.

NB: Avi, I am still pleased with the Skylink. But no upgrade wishes yet tho'

Re SNAIC's

Do you mean the original Naim wire - if so what colour is it - grey or black
The black is a big improvement over grey with any PSU

Not so sure about the change from Naim black to Teddy silver plated, I was not convinced, it was different but an improvement ?? not sure.
But it was just a quick swap & 15minute listen test

I have been told by an Israeli friend that when he tried the AR Sounds top end cable to replace the stnd Teddy cables that he could not detect a real difference.

I changed the Naim Hi-Cap with the standard black snaic to a Dual Teddy Cap
which comes with two standard white snaics,with improvements as described.
At a later date I changed Teddys standard cable on D.T.C.to Lunars from AR Sound.
The theory being that the snaics carry both power and signal, so that changing them would be worthwhile.So it proved to be,the cables do need some time to 'bed in'. A D.T.C. with AR Sound cables is a considerable improvement over a Naim Hi Cap.I.M.O of course

OK all understood
A new confucius problem is the latest Teddy SNIAC's are black.
Another forum cable ding dong? :eek: lets hope it just the sleeve color & not the wire spec that has changed.
Maybe Teddy will spot this post & let us know.

nucky,

Any update on the DTC vs Supercap.

Regards,

Elkman
I set it up on Christmas day, I’ve been listening every day it sounds better every time I listen to it, I will let you know how it sounds when it runs in, just enjoying the music have a nice Christmas and a happy new year.

I set it up on Christmas day, I’ve been listening every day it sounds better every time I listen to it, I will let you know how it sounds when it runs in, just enjoying the music have a nice Christmas and a happy new year.

by about Jan 14 it should be pretty much fully roasted IMHO. :)

I think that’s the dual teddycap run in now, very open and detailed the bass kicks in when it should it sounds incredible

In praise of the DualTeddyCap:

For years I've lived with NAC32.5/Hi-Cap/NAP250/Isobariks
It always sounded good but the image was flakey to say the least
(I thought it was mainly due to the speakers).
Last year I discovered the joys of e-bay and got a NAC82.
Joy - suddenly there was an image and a step improvement in the sound and in detail.
This year I thought I might push the boat out and get second hand Supercap but after reading this thread I e-mailed Teddy Prado and he recomended the DualTeddyCap over the SuperTeddy as I don't expect to step up to a NAC52.
So this is day 7 of a DTC and I haven't stopped smiling all week.
The image is rock solid. The detail is beyond any expectations I had.
I've now got an extended list of LPs and CDs that I have to listen to again after years of gathering dust, the only problem is how to get the wife and kids out the house!

I think I'd say to anyone buying a Naim preamp, "if you're not jumping straight to a supercap, spend your money on a Teddy rather than a lesser Naim PSU".
As to the question of DTC vs Supercap I don't know the answer but I'm chuffed with what I've got.

Have Fun

G.

I wonder how the new DR naim PSU fair against the DTC. I suspect the gap is now much closer although Naim is still more expensive.

Regards,

Nick

To get this topic out of the dusty basement, I just bought a secondhand DualTC to replace two ("recently" recapped) hicaps on my (to be recapped) Nac82. The item will be sent next week.
The seller includes a AR sound greenlink4 cable as well. I'm very curious.
Will report later.

Any further news about Dual Teddy Cap and HCDR to supply a 282? It is possible to mix both of them or there is an unbalanced problem to use HCDR as first supply and DTC as second supply +Napsc?

Just get a dual teddy plus as that will also replace the napsc.
I wouldn't mix power supplies on the 282

Actually my decision will be one single HCDR or DTC. I do not know if the sound quality of the 282 can be improved more by a single HCDR or double supply from the DTC. As many people here already discussed, probably I'll get a different sound but no ones better of the other :).
Should the NAPSC included in the DTC be at the same level of the NAPSC provided together with the NAC282? Too many question and test to do, with a DTC many configuration option can be tested :p

Any feedback? I'd like to try the supercapDR but it'll be a huge cost compared to my current DTC ;)

advertisement

Back