advertisement

Luxman spares

hifi_dave

Hi-Fi Retailer
I have just bought a Luxman SQ 507x and it's matching tuner from E-Bay but there are a couple of problems with the amp.

When the seller described the amp, I was under the impression that three missing controls were included and simply needed a bit of TLC but this is not the case. The 'bass freq' knob is there but the control shaft is broken, so the whole switch will need replacing and the outers of the 'selector' and 'stereo/mono' switches are missing.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get parts to get this amp up and running again ?

Thank you.

Well, Dave, no longer your problem... wish me luck!

For anyone who chances upon this thread with Luxman-related questions, I have found http://www2.cgi.se/audio/ through a bit of Googling. It's in Swedish, but is just about understandable to me... plus the guy does use English in places!

Will post further info. as and when it becomes available.

I had a customer here a couple of weeks ago who is a bit of an 'engineer'. In his opinion, it would be a doddle to cobble together the knob to the shaft but thought the spares would be fairly easy to track down anyway. I'd love to do it because I've always wanted one of these amps but I just don't have the time anymore.

So, RSC, did you buy it ?

It's in Swedish, but is just about understandable to me... plus the guy does use English in places!

If you get stuck drop Carl Nyqvist a PM, I'm sure he'd be happy to translate if necessary.

Tony.

If you get stuck drop Carl Nyqvist a PM, I'm sure he'd be happy to translate if necessary.

Tony.

Thank you, Tony: that is PFM at it's best!

Nice to know that the spirit of helpfulness and cooperation is still here - it doesn't always manifest itself...

Will try to reciprocate!

fyi, Luxman Japan is actually rather helpful and DO support many of its products, my L530 was made in 83 and they are still able to service and support it.

www.luxman.co.jp

Sometimes, a 'wanted' ad for the required components in the 'Parts' section of AudioKarma can work wonders. Usually means you've got to pay postage from the states though...

Cheers
Adrian

Thanks, gents: will be attempting cabinet repair work first - when I can stop myself wanting to listen to it!

advertisement

Back