advertisement

The 2024 Formula One Season

Wow. One year budget for just one team (minus driver salaries) would be enough to feed the 250 million souls starving in Africa for a period of 40 years.
At what time point is that said because I doubt one team's budget would feed that number for more than a day?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
As a refreshing few minutes

And what a wonderful track Silverstone used to be.

And, the cars were fast. More than fast enough. No aero, incredibly light, fun looking.

(Yeah yeah safety blah blah yawn, but they’ve lost their way)

There was F1 today in case you missed it. A wet sprint quali with some out of position folks. Amazing lap from NOR for pole and HAM in second with good wet pace. However VER in the dry comfortably fastest so if we have dry races another forgone conclusion and he didn't get a proper run in the wet either so might be fastest in the wet.

Come on rain - I think.

Verstappen passed Hamilton on lap 9 of a 19-lap sprint race, and in ten laps pulled almost 13 seconds on him.

Verstappen passed Hamilton on lap 9 of a 19-lap sprint race, and in ten laps pulled almost 13 seconds on him.

Indeed, you can tell in the post race chat with VER on the radio, its just like another day in the office, hardly any emotion any more, its so easy.

Been an F1 fan since 1976 and fully accept one team/driver dominance is part of the sport, but to listen to the commentators trying to sound uncontrollably excited that Red Bull have been denied a 1-2 by the slimmest of margins has made me realise we are in uncharted territory. It really is as simple as if Verstappen's car does not malfunction he wins the race. Doesn't matter whether he's on pole or the back of the grid... he and the car combined are that good. The other teams need to get their shit together as this is even trying my resilience and I never ever miss a race... viewing figures must be dropping as there's just no competition for the lead at all. Have to say though hats off to RB and Verstappen... none of the above should take anything away from their excellence.

This might be telling:

This thread is on page 20.

Last year, page 20 was reached by early March.
Perhaps an indication of how well Verstappen/Red Bull have done their job. The race for who comes second is not so interesting.

Mind you, it would be interesting to compare with the years that Hamilton dominated, although IIRC he never dominated quite so completely, to the extent that only mechanical failure would have blocked his inexorable progress.

Perhaps an indication of how well Verstappen/Red Bull have done their job. The race for who comes second is not so interesting.
I think it’s just waning interest from older generations who don’t respond well to the current ‘style’ of the whole circus. People like me who’ve followed it closely for decades are just turning our backs on it in droves.
I don’t know of anyone who has signed up to an F1 tv service/internet service in the last few years, and I know only one guy to have been to a race.

Me? I look at the results at some point during the day, and that’s it. I wouldn’t be surprised if I forget to do that at some point this year.

A close friend is a real petrol head. Bikes and cars. Has raced both, has lived and breathed racing since he was a toddler. Taught to race by Peter Gethin. He fell asleep during a live race for the first time last month. If he’s losing interest, there’s a problem.

Neither of my nephews are at all interested. They’re 18 and 13. None of their mates are interested.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom