advertisement

Rattle in speaker - solved!

JezmondTutu

pfm Member
Bought off here recently, one speaker rattled. Took the bass driver out and lo and behold, a 10p!

IMG_1259.jpeg

I once bought an ex dem pair of Sonus Fabers & the dealer loaded them into my car for me. Unboxing I heard a rattle that moved up or down when tilted, so I took the driver out to see what it was. Lo & behold it was a little Super Mario plastic figure; obviously someone had brought a youngster along to an audition & he/she had put it down the port on the back.

I fished it out & all was good.

I worked bedside a guy who's son did this all the time. Put a slice of toast in the VCR! Put the TV remote in the bin. They went to leave the house one day and the key wouldn't go into the lock. Kid had stuffed the lock with leaves he'd pulled off a plant. I thought the toast was good :0)

Not really. It's a ported speaker so at some point in its past a kid has posted something in the tempting little hole. Happens.
Yes indeed it happens. I have a small front ported Yamaha sub woofer on my 2nd system, it has received a few unwanted presents though the front port from my very young grandchildren over recent years. One just a couple of weeks ago. Front port covered with cardboard at the moment when not being used…L.O.L…

Yes indeed it happens. I have a small front ported Yamaha sub woofer on my 2nd system, it has received a few unwanted presents though the front port from my very young grandchildren over recent years. One just a couple of weeks ago. Front port covered with cardboard at the moment when not being used…L.O.L…
I used to have speakers with mesh at the inside end of the port for just this reason, I think. You could achieve the same thing with a piece of sheer stocking held in place by tape or a rubber band.

advertisement

Back