advertisement

Naim 500DR fuse

Ask your dealer, they are likely to have them in stock. Some of the power amps have a spare fuse stored somewhere on/in them.

I did ask my local dealer and was surprised by his answer that they do not keep parts for naim and i should contact Naim.

Tom Tom Audio or Cymbiosis

£1.50

A more interesting question may be to ask why a fuse on a recent very expensive piece of audio kit has blown?
They blow regularly and it’s a pita, had two blow on my 300 and one on my 500. Neighbour has a 300, his blew earlier this year, gave him the spares I had as I am no longer using any Naim gear.

THE Fuse which is in is Lf.T3.15AL250VP
Any thoughs of getting a better fuse ?
What do you mean; better? I suggest that you replace with exactly the part that Naim fitted. If it blows again then you need to get the amp looked at.

Your comment on 'full volume' is also worrying. 'Full volume' may well be the root cause here. I would never, ever, run my system at full volume. It's just asking for trouble and damaged hearing, to boot.

They are “Slow blow” fuses. They do blow every now and again for no apparent reason. It’s not just Naim gear. :rolleyes:

They are “Slow blow” fuses. They do blow every now and again for no apparent reason. It’s not just Naim gear. :rolleyes:

I'm Amber Audio's neighbour and the happy recipient of his spare fuses!. My 300 DR doesn't seem to like being switched on from cold - despite having its power switch on the front ( old Naim theory was that if the amp was meant to be left on the power switch was a rocker on the rear) - but the current on-rush can sometimes lead to the slow blow fuse going. It's never happened when in operation.

Like many Naim users I leave the amp on unless going away on holiday.

It's a pain when you come back though as there's a jeopardy moment on switch on...

I gather Naim have addressed this problem with newer amps having a different switch on circuit design.

I did say almost full volume , not full. The amp should hande it espcially if you fed it low db from the dac.
what I meant by better fuse, Ridiculously expensive, is as some suggest it will enhance the the music quality.
I did pinch one from my 300dr . I was not sure if both use the same fuse but will do for now.

My first CDX2 blew a fuse half the times I switched it on from cold. The replacement a dealer gave me blew instantly. The answer was to use a Littelfuse supplied by TomTom Audio as mentioned above. I got a spare but never used it, the problem never recurred as I rarely switched the CDX2 off as recommended by Naim.

Thank you guys. I have ordered some 22p each. I am interested to see if anyone has used some of the more expensive ones out there? Synergistic research only £90 each

I'm Amber Audio's neighbour and the happy recipient of his spare fuses!. My 300 DR doesn't seem to like being switched on from cold - despite having its power switch on the front ( old Naim theory was that if the amp was meant to be left on the power switch was a rocker on the rear) - but the current on-rush can sometimes lead to the slow blow fuse going. It's never happened when in operation.

Like many Naim users I leave the amp on unless going away on holiday.

It's a pain when you come back though as there's a jeopardy moment on switch on...

I gather Naim have addressed this problem with newer amps having a different switch on circuit design.
Yeah, Naim now incorporate a soft start module into the new products. Problem gone.

advertisement

Back