advertisement

Harbeth Nelson: a DSP subwoofer that doubles as speaker stand for P3ESR and other mini-monitors

Tiernoise

pfm Member
As the title suggests: over on the HUG, they have been talking for a week about a new product. Harbeth Nelson was showcased at the Dutch Audio Event last weekend. Head over onto the Harbeth user group (if you have an account) for more information...

No price mentioned as yet. The idea of an 'official' Harbeth subwoofer solution for the P3ESR sounds really neat indeed. I use mine as desktop loudspeakers in my home office and I find the P3 perfect for this purpose, but for normal use, even on Tonträger stands, I have always found them too small sounding, even in small rooms. This would definitely make them sound bigger.

It would not make sense having the P3 + subwoofer combination cost more than say a SHL5+.
If you don't have access to the Harbeth forum:
A. Shaw: 'Low cost will always be a challenge with a UK-made product but it represents great value, and as with all Harbeth products, we have intentionally designed it to be serviceable with basic tools.'
They also stated this: '
The Nelson® is a subwoofer/stand combination! The subwoofer driver is in the cylinder that doubles up as a stand for the P3. The Nelson® vents through the perforated grille in the foot, where the DSP and audio amplifier (to drive the subwoofer bass unit) are located.

Multiple problems solved - What stands to I buy for my P3s? and What subwoofer do I buy? and Where do I place it in the room? and How do I set it up?'

20231007153450_Harbeth_op_DAE_2023.jpeg

Well I'm quite curious, I bought my harbeth p3esr's from hifi_dave not long after they came out. Pretty much the only bit of hifi I've bought new and still have them/love them.

advertisement

Back