advertisement

Is the Metropolitan Police institutionally corrupt?

Here's a discussion - that the fault actually lies with those amongst us voting Tory they're entire lives permitting the wilful destruction of services for children, youth clubs, declining standards in education and social care due to lack of proper funding, all idealogical dogma propped up by those who are always looking to blame someone other than those ultimately responsible, which leaves kids like these with absolutely nothing positive to do except ride around on battery powered vehicles?

Officer giving evidence in the inquiry into the death of Sheku Bayoh after being restrained by officers denies allegations of racism.

"My mum told me at the time that Alan has said he wanted to join the BNP and she had told him she would disown him if he did.

"Alan used to make racist remarks to the Asian family that lived round the corner. He was never violent towards them but he was quite vocal.

"If they passed by him he would make racist comments towards them. I don't know anything else about him joining the BNP."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65719264

As regards this video though I got the impression you considered as evidence of police innocence and that seemed to suggest a low bar for ruling out wrongdoing or dishonesty. That's certainly how the retired officer you linked to understands it and if that's indicative of typical police attitudes then it does help explain why they so often get away with rule-breaking, lying, and outright malfeasance.

I gave no impression of anything at all. I merely invited comment.

Then it would have been better without the ';)' smiley at the end of it, as that loads the response. It almost looks like it's inviting heated debate at worst, and at best, it's ambiguous.

15, I thought they were younger. Notice how the recent pics are less flattering? I'd suggest that indicates a turn in the media narrative, incoming....

Guess I was confused by the winky face, the derogatory reference to armchair experts and the commentary by the retired cop, who you presumably consider an expert, and who reckons the footage exonerates the police.

Then it would have been better without the ';)' smiley at the end of it, as that loads the response. It almost looks like it's inviting heated debate at worst, and at best, it's ambiguous.

On reflection you are quite right. Apologies, and please ignore.

Guess I was confused by the winky face, the derogatory reference to armchair experts and the commentary by the retired cop, who you presumably consider an expert, and who reckons the footage exonerates the police.

You are quite correct. On reflection I should not have posted it. Apologies, and please ignore. I did previously say I had not listened to the audio. But acknowledge or ignore as you wish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65741824

Probably worthy of a separate thread. BBC link to the same release as @Ginger posted above. Now, this topic is something I do know a fair amount about, and it will be interesting to see what other contributors on here think to this decision.

(No sarcasm or irony, tho, as I was pulled up for that recently).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65741824

Probably worthy of a separate thread. BBC link to the same release as @Ginger posted above. Now, this topic is something I do know a fair amount about, and it will be interesting to see what other contributors on here think to this decision.

(No sarcasm or irony, tho, as I was pulled up for that recently).

I expect the regular contributors in this thread will be very supportive of the commissioner’s directive.

Disgraceful! Imagine if they'd said the same about picket lines, demonstrations etc and put their priorities where people want them...

The issue with mental health is a lack of investment in our Care system. As ever we are suffering from decades of political choice based on the economic ideology that spending is a bad idea.

Quite a politically charged decision, I think. It’ll be very interesting to see how this plays out. If it brings things to a head and mental health provision improves as a result, the short term pain may be worth it.

Quite a politically charged decision, I think. It’ll be very interesting to see how this plays out. If it brings things to a head and mental health provision improves as a result, the short term pain may be worth it.

It's not a grown up process. They're freeing up time to stop and search, strip search kids, police protest etc etc with the big finger of the law to those in need. If they only want to do part of their jobs (unacceptable in an an employment contract, for example) then cut their funding to allocate elsewhere. There's already been 20 thousand extra officers recruited (and unvetted.)

advertisement

Back