advertisement

Rega older RP8 or latest P6?

I've always been interested in the Ania Pro. I never fancied the Ania much but the Pro is supposed to be meatier.
well, in my very limited experience, it takes everything i like about the Exact and takes it up a significant level.
i guess this is to be expected considering the fact its more than twice the price. i believe they have the same cut of stylus, unlike the plain Ania.
my humble little Dynaudio M10's have never sounded this good with my digital setup, quite shocked tbh.

Does it have the weight and body of the Exact?
absolutely, and then some.
i got lucky with my purchase , being ex-demo i got a good discount. had it not been for this i probably would not of stretched to an Ania-Pro.
now that i have it, at least i know a refurb at Rega is very reasonable. (currently £345, compared to Exact refurb of £225).

on the downside, my new purchase has created 2 more itches for me to scratch.
1 being an upgrade on my Mofi Studiophono stage and 2 being an upgrade of my Pro-ject DS2 dac.

i doubt a Fono MC will be an improvement on my Mofi, so looking at Ania level (used).
as far as a dac goes , something like Chord Qutest or RME ADI-2.
none of this is urgent though, thankfully, as my digital setup does not get a look in at the moment due to the arrival of the P8.
and the P8/AP sounds fantastic even with the Mofi stage.

My take on the Aria is that it doesn't do anything wrong, in a good way. It's a Goldilocks product. I have no intention of changing mine. Totally happy with it.

absolutley agree and i am becoming a Rega "fanboy".
considering changing my old Marantz amp for an Elex next .

Absolutely agree and i am becoming a Rega "fanboy".

I hate the term as it implies blind allegiance. I don't like everything Rega make and I need to be honest and say that, but I will also say that Rega are easily the best Hi-Fi manufacturer in the UK and one of the best in the world.

No other company of their size and range has the same commitment to value. While others are trying to hype their products and charge as much as they can for them Rega focus on giving you the best sound quality possible for the least amount of money.

No other company their size has the same commitment to customer care and service. Every single thing they make has a lifetime warranty, that is staggering. You can buy a £200 turntable from Rega and if it stops working in twenty years time they'll fix it. You buy a £23,000 turntable from Linn and you're on your own after five. And they mean it, I've dealt with Rega service many times. Have you seen how many people can't get their faulty Linn components fixed? It's not that Linn don't cover their older kit under warranty, they won't fix it at all!

I've had two Rega amps here, a Brio-R and IO, and both are very good. If I needed an amp I would be looking at Rega ones. I happen to know that Fyne Audio use them, among others, when designing their speakers.

advertisement

Back