advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

They're at it again, like ferrets in a sack. Boris in stitch up, Sunak or the wicked civil service blob to blame, votes of no confidence in Sunak threatened. I love the smell of civil war in the Tory Party.

Z6N3yvb.jpg

The blob:

tle5KWh.jpg

here’s another almost identical blob:

uWEx3lX.jpg

Cruella escapes. Rishi backs down.

Of course. Sunak promised when he became PM that his government would have integrity, professionalism and accountability. That's why he reinstated Braverman as Home Secretary within a week of her losing her job for breaches of the ministerial code.

This is just the latest example of it. :rolleyes:

Politicians who make “inaccurate or divisive claims” about child sexual abuse and grooming gangs undermine efforts to tackle the crime and almost certainly make children less safe, organisations and experts in the subject have warned in an unprecedented joint letter.

The letter, signed by 50 researchers and more than a dozen organisations, including the NSPCC and Victim Support, urges Suella Braverman and Rishi Sunak to avoid narratives on abuse based on “misinformation, racism and division”.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ing-children-at-risk-sunak-and-braverman-told

I was just reading John Crace’s latest piece, and my eye was drawn to one of the comments BTL.

“Oh, the Jilly Cooper thing is clever, just like Johnson and painting buses. if you google sunak-cooper you get that he reads her books, rather than the fact that Yvette Cooper tears his HS a new one every time they meet.
Just the same way the Johnson separated himself from the £350 million buses.
They have learned how to f*ck up internet searches, soon they will develop intelligence
.”

I hadn’t appreciated that this was why they made stupid claims about Johnson’s bus hobby or Sunak’s reading list. I’m getting too old and slow to keep up.

I was just reading John Crace’s latest piece, and my eye was drawn to one of the comments BTL.

“Oh, the Jilly Cooper thing is clever, just like Johnson and painting buses. if you google sunak-cooper you get that he reads her books, rather than the fact that Yvette Cooper tears his HS a new one every time they meet.
Just the same way the Johnson separated himself from the £350 million buses.
They have learned how to f*ck up internet searches, soon they will develop intelligence
.”

I hadn’t appreciated that this was why they made stupid claims about Johnson’s bus hobby or Sunak’s reading list. I’m getting to old and slow to keep up.

I learnt so much reading BTL comments on J Craces and M Hynes op-eds on the Groan.

You do know that voting is NOT a confidential secret ballot, Just look on the flip side of all of your ballot papers, their is a number printed there.

The issuer ticks a box against your address on the voting ledger which matches the numbered ballet paper the issuer is just about to give you.

All of them spoilt ballet papers are added to the vote count have had their numbers printed on the flip side have been scribbled out and obscured by the suspiciously aroused voters.

Us intelligent subjects here are not concerned with any politicians, we are in the minority, they just have to brainwash the stupid's to gain an easy majority.

Remember George Orwell's dystopian novel, we are at the mercy of all of them uneducated gullible proles. :mad:

Remember George Orwell's dystopian novel, we are at the mercy of all of them uneducated gullible proles. :mad:

See this just in from Newt Gingrich, no less: “One of Trump’s great advantages is he talks at a level where third, fourth and fifth grade educations can say, ‘Oh yeah, I get that. I understand it.’” Gingrich told host Laura Ingraham on her Fox News show.

These guys are out to exploit the power of stupid people in large groups.

See this just in from Newt Gingrich, no less: “One of Trump’s great advantages is he talks at a level where third, fourth and fifth grade educations can say, ‘Oh yeah, I get that. I understand it.’” Gingrich told host Laura Ingraham on her Fox News show.

These guys are out to exploit the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who are these stupid people? Many supposedly intelligent people believe really stupid things as much as any other group.

Who are these stupid people? Many supposedly intelligent people believe really stupid things as much as any other group.
No argument with that. People of all IQs routinely avoid critical thinking, especially any that might lead to problems in their identity group. I was speaking imprecisely; the demagogues, self-admittedly here and previously, consciously target the *uneducated.* Which is a significant distinction.

I learnt so much reading BTL comments on J Craces and M Hynes op-eds on the Groan.

You do know that voting is NOT a confidential secret ballot, Just look on the flip side of all of your ballot papers, their is a number printed there.

The issuer ticks a box against your address on the voting ledger which matches the numbered ballet paper the issuer is just about to give you.

All of them spoilt ballet papers are added to the vote count have had their numbers printed on the flip side have been scribbled out and obscured by the suspiciously aroused voters.

Us intelligent subjects here are not concerned with any politicians, we are in the minority, they just have to brainwash the stupid's to gain an easy majority.

Disingenuous nonsense.
The fact that if necessary ballot papers can be tracked does NOT mean it is not a confidential, secret ballot.

No argument with that. People of all IQs routinely avoid critical thinking, especially any that might lead to problems in their identity group. I was speaking imprecisely; the demagogues, self-admittedly here and previously, consciously target the *uneducated.* Which is a significant distinction.
I can’t comment about the US, but in the UK it seems to be more about targeting the popular vote on issues that seem to have little to do with education. Issues like xenophobia, immigration, Empire, our glorious past, monarchy, flag waving and a household model of the economy, all of which seem to cross educational and class divides.

In this country (and the US?) these issues seem to coincide with an instinctive trust in a ruling elite that is so strong that the opposition has to emulate both it and those values. Brexit and Trump both seemed to benefit from a disappointment with the ‘usual’ politics of the elite, but in both cases rather than voting for a difference of substance, the electorate voted for a different kind of elite.

We have just swapped Cameron for Johnson and Obama for Trump.

The problem in both cases is rather more foundational.

I can’t comment about the US, but in the UK it seems to be more about targeting the popular vote on issues that seem to have little to do with education. Issues like xenophobia, immigration, Empire, our glorious past, monarchy, flag waving and a household model of the economy, all of which seem to cross educational and class divides.

In this country (and the US?) these issues seem to coincide with an instinctive trust in a ruling elite that is so strong that the opposition has to emulate both it and those values. Brexit and Trump both seemed to benefit from a disappointment with the ‘usual’ politics of the elite, but in both cases rather than voting for a difference of substance, the electorate voted for a different kind of elite.

We have just swapped Cameron for Johnson and Obama for Trump.

The problem in both cases is rather more foundational.
Leaders have choices in how to lead, and in how to get to be leaders. Followers have choices in what 'elite' to follow. Either or both can make bad choices.

advertisement

Back