advertisement

Naim Nait 50

Why the assumption that regulated will sound better?

Oh, no assumption at all. I was curious to see what a miniaturized, regulated (a la 250) Naim integrated would sound like.

I have a what appears to be unrestored and oft maligned NAP 180 here and don’t know if I just got lucky but this thing sounds as good or better than 250s I’ve heard. Definitely better than some 250s I have heard.

Yeah but the press are all corrupt..

Read their reviews with a pinch of salt.

As I understand, people have to pre-order Nait 50 (with deposit ?) by their dealers, limited numbers - delivered in July 2023.
Nobody have heard it apart from Naim/Focal people which likely and not surprisingly are all in positive enthusiastic, one mentioned it sounds like a less powerfull Supernait 3. Thats marketing.

Drama queen
Whatever you say Brains.

As I understand, people have to pre-order Nait 50 (with deposit ?) by their dealers, limited numbers.
Nobody have heard it apart from Naim/Focal people which likely and not surprisingly are all in positive, one mentioned it sounds like a less powerfull Supernait 3. Thats marketing.

No, no one HAS to pre-order it, where this notion of being somehow forced to buy Naim's products comes from I don't know.

As I understand, people have to pre-order Nait 50 (with deposit ?) by their dealers, limited numbers - delivered in July 2023.

No idea about this. So far we have 5 NAIT 50's on their way to us which are due to land on 26/06.

Btw, one of the NAIT 50's will be mine :)

Nobody have heard it apart from Naim/Focal people which likely and not surprisingly are all in positive enthusiastic, one mentioned it sounds like a less powerfull Supernait 3. Thats marketing.
I was being sarcastic. All reviewers have preferences, I remember the rave reviews about the old Rega Kites, I though they were terrible. I’m pretty sure Rega are equally enthusiastic about their own equipment but that isn’t marketing?

I’ve never been mega impressed with Rega gear, always found it a little dull but others worship it.

Strange hobby: lots of people moaning about VFM of this, but few complain about VFM of things like an Audio Note Ongaku.

First Naim product I’ve seen in 10 years that’s turned my head. It’s a thing of beauty. I wish I was rich enough just to purchase for display, lol!

I’m with you. If it were in the price range of a Brio, Heed, or even Exposure XM I’d have one on order.

edit: are any going to be 120v?

I’m with you. If it were in the price range of a Brio, Heed, or even Exposure XM I’d have one on order.

edit: are any going to be 120v?
I can't imagine them not supplying to their usual markets.

The transformer has 230V/115V printed on, indicating the usual 2 x primary coils wired in series for use on ~230V vs. wired in parallel for ~115V. So, even if one were to grab one in the UK it shouldn't be difficult to swap over (although, it would appear that the classic Alps mains switch isn't actually the mains switch, therefore, there are likely some terminals on the main PCB under that black plastic extended mains inlet cover).

Naim-NAIT-50-2.jpg

I thought it was just me.

Except the P10 which I really enjoyed and was not dull in any way.
I’d like to get a proper listen to a P8 or P10 in my own system. I was a little underwhelmed by the latter & it’s not a ‘nice’ thing to behold, feels a little toy like.

I’d like to get a proper listen to a P8 or P10 in my own system. I was a little underwhelmed by the latter & it’s not a ‘nice’ thing to behold, feels a little toy like.

In the current trend of bling high end it probably is but I find exactly that trait interesting.

I guess a comparison would be the light weight engineering of F1 vs American Muscle Car.

advertisement

Back