advertisement

Martin Logan itch.

The only thing that concerns me is the very narrow sweet-spot of the Logans,

Long fancied M-Ls, but that 30 degree sweet-spot angle is a bit on the narrow side, although I listen some 4+ meters away, so may not be so bad. The Quad ESLs, or at least the big ones, have a very wide sweet-spot (as I imagine do Maggies). The soundstaging and imaging hardly varies across my 7' sofa.. Can't see why height is a prob., as 2905s and the later 2912s are as tall as other big panel spkrs. They don't necessitate muscle amps either.

Last edited:
Cool. What horns?
4 Way active Cinema Horn
nice & compact

movie.jpg

The only thing that concerns me is the very narrow sweetspot of the Logan’s, are Magnepans different?
Yes, Maggies, are more generous in terms of sweetspot.
However...... Don't sweat too much. Both speakers sound frikkin ace at almost any angle. Sure, there's a sweetspot.... But you will enjoy these speakers anywhere on your sofa

Hi and thanks for posting as I hoped you might..

I’ve read your enthusiastic posts re the ML’s and you like me have also had Taus, so how do the two compare?

The Summit look great, maybe a little out of budget, but will ponder.

thats a good question . well the summit x had adjustable knobs on the back so you could adjust the bass etc . I also used them with a pretty expensive MSB amp which i think the rrp now would be about 35k . the wall of sound and realism was stunning and the bass was very very impressive . Now I used the Taus [ rfc] in a different room so not quite able to compare directly . They did have a very similar wall of sound with a stunning soundstage , extremely resolving and holographic . Nowhere near the crushing bass that the ml could deliver if needed but then i had them on track audio stands and i didnt want bass in a loft room adjacent neighbours bedroom

advertisement

Back