advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

SWpomay1.jpg

It won’t get rid of them, but it will ensure they never have absolute power the way they have had for over 90 of the past 120 years.

There are 650 seats, and by 2019 there was no one who would go into coalition with them. Not even the raving nutters that are the DUP. That means even as the party with the nost seats there is no way in hell they’d have been able to force through the far-right policies and erosion of our basic human rights and civil liberties that has happened since then. It would have protected us from their extremism and enabled real scrutiny.

Sure, it might clip their wings, but it could also empower the far right (and far left). I guess we will never know as there doesn't seem to be any political will for major reform.

Hilariously it seems Braverman asked whether a previous speeding fine could be claimed as expenses.
Hilariously it seems Braverman asked whether a previous speeding fine could be claimed as expenses.
You wonder how the hell she became an MP never mind holding one of the great offices of state. The Conservative Party appears to be an equal opportunities employer though: Gullis, 30p, the Elphickes, Iron Guts Francois, Mogg, Mad Nad, Liz Truss, the naked cyclist in a rug and Sue-Elaine. A Pantheon of all the Stupids.

The Conservative Party is a black hole, it eats itself and any party that gets anywhere near it
I wouldn't mind so much it it was stuck out nr absolute zero, a few billion light years from here.

But no - its on our doorsteps, and the event horizon passes-off as daily newspapers, a massive pub chain; and the governing reaction seems to be moron-antimoron pairing. The former shout louder/ are more excitable.

oh - I despair.

Sure, it might clip their wings, but it could also empower the far right (and far left). I guess we will never know as there doesn't seem to be any political will for major reform.
Given the only states in Europe to use wholly FPTP are the UK and Belarus, there's plenty of comparable data.

I see Raaab is standing down at the GE. I assume he was at high top risk of being booted out by his constituents.

Edit. majority 2,400. LibDem target seat, “family pressures” obvious cock and bull story.

I see Raaab is standing down at the GE. I assume he was at high top risk of being booted out by his constituents.

Edit. majority 2,400. LibDem target seat, “family pressures” obvious cock and bull story.
He must think everyone's as thick as he is if thinks that silly story is going to stick. He isn't so thick, however, that he doesn't realise his seat's already lost and that he isn't going to win a selection process anywhere else.

He must think everyone's as thick as he is if thinks that silly story is going to stick. He isn't so thick, however, that he doesn't realise his seat's already lost and that he isn't going to win a selection process anywhere else.
He’s going to deprive us of the pleasure of seeing his excessive sweating on stage as the constituency count is read out. There are 30 more of them fleeing from the tumbrels at the GE. We’ll have to watch unknowns taking the punishment for them from the electorate.

advertisement

Back