advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Actually there's more.
John off for Munich tomorrow.
There will be a cosmetic sample. There is not yet a deal done for the Dac X extrusion tooling. John has now decided not to use a sabre dac chip but an AKM chip for the basic 2 channel module but "ironically, changing the DAC IC does not impact the design much"
Intriguingly. The Dac X extrusion tooling was to be [in exchange*] "for a product I have in the works - ready to go"

*edit-added for clarity

Last edited:
Strange Linn moved away from AKM (aka Katalyst) to a programmable logic system due to supply issues. I see a delay coming.

Actually there's more.
John off for Munich tomorrow.
There will be a cosmetic sample. There is not yet a deal done for the Dac X extrusion tooling. John has now decided not to use a sabre dac chip but an AKM chip for the basic 2 channel module but "ironically, changing the DAC IC does not impact the design much"
Intriguingly. The Dac X extrusion tooling was to be [in exchange*] "for a product I have in the works - ready to go"

*edit-added for clarity

This should be the link to the AKM DACs: https://www.akm.com/eu/en/about-us/news/2022/20220908-ak4499exak4191/

Thanks,
Beyond the difference in the native filters and the (now largely solved) ESS IMD hump, I don't know what difference it really makes whether one uses a top of the range ESS or AKM chip. I have completely lost track of what John was aiming to do with the basic module- eg whether that was going to have the user definable Dac arrays (presumably not native to the dac chip) or not.
Looking at the link- I wonder whether John was proposing to use the AK4191 but not the 4499EX or whether he was using both. Will he be tweaking the 4499?

Looking at the link- I wonder whether John was proposing to use the AK4191 but not the 4499EX or whether he was using both. Will he be tweaking the 4499?

or the 8991 superdooper max chip in 2067?

He’s talking bollocks. It’s never going to be delivered. He’s a scam artist. And we’ve been scammed. Big time.

after 9 years of zero action and nothing but bitching and moaning on here do you seriously think anybody is going to actually confront him.

advertisement

Back