advertisement

Whisky II

They do...
This is what they had in Feb:
1. Cask 257 Refill American Oak Finished in FF bourbon Distilled 1999, 23YO 58.7% 150 bottles £300
2. First Fill Tawny Port Distilled 2016, 5YO 273 bottles 58.1% £50
3. Single Cask First Fill Oloroso Distilled 2014, 8YO
308 bottles 56.2% £80
Have you seen this?: https://www.glenscotia.com/products/campbeltown-malts-festival-edition-2024?variant=42466426847390

I presume you'll be popping in to Springbank too; you might get lucky as the 12yo cask strength is due soon.
Depending on the time of day, they usually put out cage bottles and I believe its ‘one per week’ and a bit of pot luck on what you’ll find. Could be any of the three from Springbank, Longrow or Hazelburn and different ages/casks. Good luck

Depending on the time of day, they usually put out cage bottles and I believe its ‘one per week’ and a bit of pot luck on what you’ll find. Could be any of the three from Springbank, Longrow or Hazelburn and different ages/casks. Good luck
Yes we were in Campbeltown for a week and visited the Springbank shop three or four times, managing to get a 13yo Hazelburn CS for £75.

Here's to a swift recovery hifilover1979! I've been hovering over the Sanaig - it will drop into the basket at some point. Incidentally, I have been mightily impressed with the two Thompson Bros blended bottlings at under £35 each. The sherried TB/BSW might even trump my current sherry go-to Edradour 10. Highly recommended.

New Whiskybroker releases on Monday and they have a new name and labels:
https://www.facebook.com/1000572360...bYqgJArVw9c4pysXsb4NtjKQcAtuXl/?sfnsn=scwspmo

"We bottled a load of bottlings last month and are waiting (for the first time ever) on some professionally printed labels arriving. Labels have never been something that particularly bothered me, and I actually liked the fact that the cheap labels made the whisky less likely to go to auction and more likely to be consumed. With Brexit and more of our own labelled stock being sold by importers, it doesn’t seem fair to ask importers to explain to their customers “we know the labels are rubbish, but the bottles are good value”. Obviously with direct sales through our online shop, most of you knew this.

The bottles will still be “whiskybroker bottlings”, but will lose the logo at the top, since a lot of people are turned off buying by the “broker” part.

This change was also partly forced on us by the need to start barcoding for the Deposit Return Scheme in Scotland, which although it appears to be delayed and is definitely unworkable, was due for August and will likely still happen at some point in the near future.

I’ll not say any more at the moment, because I’ll post some photos when the labels arrive. Like them or dislike them, please remember that the whisky is still the same inside!

Martin"

Just arrived in Arran after a couple of wonderful weather days in Campbeltown. Was glad to be able to stock up on Springbank,10 Kilkreran 16, and the lovely Glen Scotia Festival Edition for this year.

Looked in at the Arran shop on the way down to our Hotel and was a little shocked at the “Distillery Exclusive” pricing. £75 for a cask strength 13 year old finished in French Oak and £120 for 16 year old finished in Sherry casks. Given that there is little overhead on these it makes the value you get at Whiskybroker look extraordinary. Interesting to see if the new livery there reflects a new market position.

PS Arran’s 25 was an amazing price I now forget, £250? May have been £300!

The 2 Ben Nevis bottles (from whiskybroker) looked good and sounds like they were snapped up quickly. I might have more of a look later when I have a bit more time.

Anything stand out? Prices look good but I'm not familiar with most of those distilleries
Lots of youngish stuff that I already have enough of from WB and elsewhere if I'm honest. Makes it easy to resist. The Ben Nevises would have tempted me but went in a flash...would be worth checking back later today as they sometimes drib and drab them out.
Prices have also crept up a bit, which is fair enough...

[QUOTE="raysablade, post: 5003118, member: 17104]

PS Arran’s 25 was an amazing price I now forget, £250? May have been £300![/QUOTE]

I was right about the 50, £350

Last edited:
These two BNs seem to be available?

edit - or not. I really, really don't need more bottles, so perhaps for the best!

Springbank releases are tomorrow...
I'm not interested* in joining a mad scramble after having tried the core range of entry level whiskies, but be interesting to see if the rabid fervour for all things SB has cooled or not. I'm guessing not!

* ok, I may have checked a few websites...

I'm not interested* in joining a mad scramble after having tried the core range of entry level whiskies, but be interesting to see if the rabid fervour for all things SB has cooled or not. I'm guessing not!

* ok, I may have checked a few websites...
I'm guessing not too.
I'd like a 12 CS...
Phoney War stage this morning but the Bots (haven't got one) are always searching...I might get lucky via a Ballot.
There's a Springbank Society tasting in Manchester in June...maybe the Rep will bring some bottles for sale.

advertisement

Back