advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Does anyone have any thoughts about Biden's new immigration policy:

https://twitter.com/camiloreports/status/1656102994646118401

It's not quite "send 'em to Rwanda" but it's not exactly liberal either.
Someone mentioned upthread how Biden only looks good when put alongside Trump. He is in fact a deeply unsavoury character who has his own highly questionable track record of sexual behaviour that may still come back to bite him in the arse. Somewhere on Twitter there’s a video of an Iraq vet confronting him over US war crimes. A really powerful example of speaking truth to power.

Any system which lets people like these rise to the top, while inhibiting the rise of people with more balanced ethics and views, is broken. In the case of the US and UK, I believe this is by design.

Any system which lets people like these rise to the top, while inhibiting the rise of people with more balanced ethics and views, is broken. In the case of the US and UK, I believe this is by design.

I’m not entirely sure what the US system is, but I’m seeing little evidence that the UK has progressed in any real sense from feudalism. It is still an endless stream of vastly wealthy elites defining absolutely everything in their own interests and holding vastly larger numbers of people voiceless by rigging the system. Any impression of democracy is illusionary. Just a smokescreen. The much younger America seems to be speed-running through a brutality and inequality that took us long over a millennia to arrive at. Is it too young to be classed as feudal?

Someone mentioned upthread how Biden only looks good when put alongside Trump. He is in fact a deeply unsavoury character who has his own highly questionable track record of sexual behaviour that may still come back to bite him in the arse. Somewhere on Twitter there’s a video of an Iraq vet confronting him over US war crimes. A really powerful example of speaking truth to power.
Thanks for reminding me about this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ault-allegations-why-has-media-ignored-claims
It is hugely frustrating to see conservatives, who couldn’t give a damn about the multiple sexual assault allegations against Donald Trump, weaponize the accusations against Biden. However, it’s also frustrating to see so many liberals turning a blind eye. The accusations against the former vice-president are serious; why aren’t they being taken seriously?
As is often the case, it's the hypocrisy I can't stand.

Yes. In the US the President has to be a millionaire, Christian and a neoliberal. In the UK the Prime Minister has to want to be a millionaire, a Christian, a monarchist and a supporter of a middling football team.

As you say, both systems are by design, and designed to exclude the rise of people with wider more social views and non-profit ethics.

I’m not entirely sure what the US system is, but I’m seeing little evidence that the UK has progressed in any real sense from feudalism. It is still an endless stream of vastly wealthy elites defining absolutely everything in their own interests and holding vastly larger numbers of people voiceless by rigging the system. Any impression of democracy is illusionary. Just a smokescreen. The much younger America seems to be speed-running through a brutality and inequality that took us long over a millennia to arrive at. Is it too young to be classed as feudal?
Feudalism was a based on a two way process whereby wealth is moved from the bottom to the top, and in exchange, patronage, participation and protection is dispensed from the top down to the bottom. The consequences are that wealth goes straight to the top in quick order while the trickle down of benefits has been soaked up by the time it gets anywhere near the bottom.

Colonialism was Feudalism for the rise of capitalism. Neoliberalism is Feudalism for the modern era. To borrow a current phrase, Neoliberalism is Feudalism on Steroids

Last edited:

advertisement

Back