advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

Soil and Pimp Sessions at Ronnie Scott's on 14th August. No other gigs coming up on anything except the RS website but may make the trip if it's their only gig. Great live band.

John Grant/Richard Hawley - MIF in July
La Sonnambula and Il Re Pastore at the Buxton Festival in July
John Cale Edinburgh Festival in August
Dexys at Bridgewater Hall in September
My Darling Clementine at the Stoller Hall and Fascinating Aida at the Lowry in November

Hi folks, BC Camplight is playing le publicspace in Newport on 27th of this month. It is a tiny venue with a 100 person capacity.
BC played an astonishing set on Marc Riley last night.

Got tickets for The Aristocrats at Band on the Wall, Manchester 17/6. Guthrie Govan, Bryan Beller and Marco Minnemann. Should be a good un.

Loop, Sunday, appropriately enough at the Deaf Institute, Manchester. Dithered, sold out, randomly looked on seetickets the other night and there was 1 ticket available. Boom.

• Pet shop boys - Wembley - June 17th
  • Comet is Coming - Somerset House - July 14th
  • Human League and Marc Almond - Margate - July 21st
  • Johnny Osbourne - Cambridge - August 19th
  • 50-Cent - Birmingham - November 12th

Really bloody good actually. I was half tempted to get a ticket for Leeds tonight and drive over!

It's too busy a time of year to go travelling for gigs otherwise I would have been all over this. Very fond memories of a heaving gig at the Harlesden Mean Fiddler with loads of mates in the mid 80s (when I had both the time and energy).

It's too busy a time of year to go travelling for gigs otherwise I would have been all over this. Very fond memories of a heaving gig at the Harlesden Mean Fiddler with loads of mates in the mid 80s (when I had both the time and energy).
I came to them quite late, probably late 89/early 90 from going to a club in Leeds that played collision religiously every week. Must have seen them on the gilded eternity tour at Leeds Poly and then I sodded off to uni, they split up, and that was that. Saw them in Liverpool probably around 10 years ago and this is the ony opportunity I've had since. Set list was banger after banger.

I came to them quite late, probably late 89/early 90 from going to a club in Leeds that played collision religiously every week. Must have seen them on the gilded eternity tour at Leeds Poly and then I sodded off to uni, they split up, and that was that. Saw them in Liverpool probably around 10 years ago and this is the ony opportunity I've had since. Set list was banger after banger.

I had the dubious privilege of seeing them at Treworgey Tree Fayre in 1987?,. The festival that made Mad Max seem like Glyndebourne.....

advertisement

Back