advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

4x JJ EL34 II’s from Watford Audio. I’ve made a few changes lately, so hard to make comparisons. But it’s sounding sublime in here currently.

Only slight downer, is the snazzy logo on the valves is on the back. Bit weird.

3-BFEAC03-EB18-4-FFF-9-C03-8-E2-B5004-C7-B0.jpg

Yamaha A-S801 was heavily discounted on Amazon for a few hours last week so I got one. Great amp so far, the built in DAC is supposed to be great as well but I’m waiting for a digi hat for my RPi streamer.

Can’t you just connect to the DAC via USB? I run my Pi into the USB input in my RA1570, it sounds superb.

Cheers BB

Can’t you just connect to the DAC via USB? I run my Pi into the USB input in my RA1570, it sounds superb.

Cheers BB
I have read that connecting via USB is great with RPi 4, but I have a 3B+ and it is known to cause occasional clicks and pops. I’ll try it both ways and send the hat back if it didn’t turn out to be a problem with straight USB.

I have read that connecting via USB is great with RPi 4, but I have a 3B+ and it is known to cause occasional clicks and pops. I’ll try it both ways and send the hat back if it didn’t turn out to be a problem with straight USB.

Yes, I’ve read that the 4 has improved USB output, the 4 is my first RPi. The hat is reputed to make a good improvement on the 3. Good luck.

Cheers BB

I am halfway to getting an old JVC L-A55 direct drive turntable for £99 (serviced with lid)

It would be as a 3rd deck just to grade donations with a Goldring 2100 cart, connected to a Technics SU 7100 Integrated > IMF Super Compacts…

Only thing stopping me is finding space for the deck, although I think I would have a shelf put up.
Not told the Wife, none of her beeswax.

Original Chord Mojo - wasn’t looking for one, or need one, but it was too cheap to refuse - another vintage DAC for my collection :)

LOL...not sure it can be classed as vintage just yet....though may well have classic status...!
What do you think?

can you feedback your results plse?
Sure, no problem. I’ll be trying them out with a pair of Solidsteel SS6 speaker stands (Proac) and Audio Note AN/E Stands (Tannoy) and a pair of subwoofers. All are spiked to the floor atm and the Tannoy DMT have Isoacoustics Pucks between speakers and stands so I’ll be playing around.

Now it looks like I might try a Technics SL 1210 Mk. 2

Seen one for £350, not sure if that is a bargain, but it doesn’t sound too bad.

advertisement

Back