advertisement

Christmas Wine II

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Oenophilia is an affliction of the senses characterized by intense cravings for good wine "
They'll be putting it in the DSM next alongside sex and internet addiction.
More to the point wine fools 25%off
https://www.waitrosecellar.com/
Anything worth buying at Waitrose these days?

https://www.waitrosecellar.com/rhone-wine/la-vieille-ferme-cotes-du-ventoux
La vieille Ferme £5.63
You could buy Brune et Blonde for £37 - I’m not sure I want to though, I’m not sure. There are a lot of good Rhônes. Is the premium for a good cote rôtie worth it? And then I’d have to store it somewhere for 5 years or more.

I ain't drinking f*n merlot.
"A 2014 study by Vineyard Financial Associates estimated that Sideways cost American Merlot farmers over US$400m in lost revenue in the decade after its release." Jeex.
Mercurey Les marcoeurs 2018 Hasard.
Sensational wine ,"one for the aesthete" , though I make no claim to that title.
Sensational PN definitely PAIW.

Last edited:
^ I enjoyed the film and it possibly increased interest in wine generally. Of the factors that influence the quality of a wine I would put grape variety last after producer, place of origin and vintage.

I ain't drinking f*n merlot.
"A 2014 study by Vineyard Financial Associates estimated that Sideways cost American Merlot farmers over US$400m in lost revenue in the decade after its release." Jeex.
Mercurey Les marcoeurs 2018 Hasard.
Sensational wine ,"one for the aesthete" , though I make no claim to that title.
Sensational PN definitely PAIW.

I have absolutely no burgundy. Where did you get this one?

^ I enjoyed the film and it possibly increased interest in wine generally. Of the factors that influence the quality of a wine I would put grape variety last after producer, place of origin and vintage.
Interesting so it doesn't conform to that old hifi rule garbage in garbage out.

Does this mean you are chucking out your stocks of Petrus? I'll send my man up toot sweet with a pantechnicon.
If I had Petrus ,I would quickly disavow that statement.In fact Miles who makes it does go on to
drink a Cheval Blanc '61.
Are you the same MB that had a '62 Petrus at the Lefevre gallery?

I had to get an emergency appointment at the surgery earlier.My doctor said what are you drinking?
I said chateau d'Arsac .He said I'll give you some anusol for that.

Still waiting on that Aligoté so I can join the wine fashionistas.ANC smashed the first case which seems to have perplexed the vendors,not heard since.

A balmy 9deg.outside means it's rosé time.

A delicate colour with a hint of the exotic on the
taste from the Pinenc and Tannat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back