advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I would expect a DAC designer to have a completed, tested and sonically proven concept board with all the main features working before concentrating on the chassis in which its going to be put.

He completed and tested several concepts, trouble is he was chasing perfection and had problems to stick with one design. Or is it over? Maybe case, if he will commit to one, will put in frames his dac as well.

It’s an elaborate scam. We, sadly, must admit the money has gone. Who would be prepared to make further payments to get their completed DAC? Who could trust him? It’s an expensive, entertaining scam.

Maybe he's just a closet vinyl fan secretly working to save one soul at a time by returning you to The One True Groove.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I would expect a DAC designer to have a completed, tested and sonically proven concept board with all the main features working [...]
But that is what he had. Around 2016 or so some lines to that effect were written by JW: concept board ready, proven, had personally listened to it etc. pp. Was going to be produced soon and delivered to first testers before christmas... So nothing new really that there are some problems with chassis, display or whatever.

But that is what he had. Around 2016 or so some lines to that effect were written by JW: concept board ready, proven, had personally listened to it etc. pp. Was going to be produced soon and delivered to first testers before christmas... So nothing new really that there are some problems with chassis, display or whatever.
I think that was before the major change in direction towards an R2R design with an innovative super high accuracy clock. Which to my recollection was never built, because of the difficulty in getting an FPGA chip and it's required programming which John just couldn't do alone.

It’s an elaborate scam. We, sadly, must admit the money has gone. Who would be prepared to make further payments to get their completed DAC? Who could trust him? It’s an expensive, entertaining scam.
This 100%. We all gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but - let's be quite objective about this - he has taken the money and effectively run. I've come to terms with this - I was only in lightly, which helps - but it must smart for many who trusted and were deceived.

When is the Munich show? My money’s still on a whole lot of nothing to see with promises of pots of gold before Christmas

advertisement

Back