advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

On QT tonight. Not one hand raised to support Johnson, though I suppose the mood in the hall signalled summary execution for anyone who did.

It was Staffordshire, 98% probably think they`re still voting for the National Front. They know Boris is a liar but they still think he`s better than Rishi because.......

Is he still alive? I personally knew him 40 years ago. I liked his riff on James Macmillan’s Scotch Bestiary of political archetypes in the piece.

It's funny, I consumed a lot of Billy Bunter, Jennings & Derbyshire, Just William, Molesworth etc. as a child in the East End of Glasgow. I've no idea if this was normal fodder for Scottish weans? It seems odd now. I had an old aunt and uncle who were librarians, so maybe the material was library discards.

The old librarians seemed foosty, exotic, bohemian creatures to me. They used to put some mysterious exotic ingredient in the chicken broth that was regular fare during our visits. I was in my late teens when I tasted this exotic spice again ( a friend's big sister had made us cheese on toast) and discovered it was ground black pepper.

Now that Richard Sharp has resigned as chairman of the BBC, here's something I hadn't appreciated. Everyone knows that Sharp arranged a £800k credit facility for Johnson. The other person named was Sam Blyth. I had assumed that Blyth provided the loan. But no - Gabriel Pogrund of The Times notes that (as confirmed by the linked Guardian story) Blyth was only a guarantor (Guardian).

Whose money was behind the £800k credit facility? In whose debt was our Prime Minister? Why haven't we been told?

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1651848270551961603

"NB: Months after we broke the Sharp story, and hours away from a report into his conduct, one detail is as shrouded in mystery as ever. Who actually bankrolled Boris Johnson will he was in No10? Blyth was only a guarantor. Almost unbelievable the public doesn’t have any answer."

Evgeny Lebedev springs to mind; or his (ex)KGB dad. But, whomever it is, the info is clearly sensitive, and/or embarrassing, or incriminating. I'd put £800k on that it's filthy money.

John
An actual Russian oligarch with direct connections to the Putin regime, sitting in the HoL and put there by a walking security risk called Boris Johnson.

Remove him. Sharp will be wanted a seat.

advertisement

Back