advertisement

[IC] Jadis Orchestra Ref SE / Chord Qutest

novak

pfm Member
Hi all,

Alongside the Harbeth SHL5 plus XD speakers for sale, I’m considering selling the much loved Jadis Orchestra REF SE integrated valves amplifier.

Possibly the most elegant piece of kit I have ever owned and it delivers a rather stunning, detailed sound that has been a perfect match with Harbeths through the years.

Out of Naim 282/250, Luxman, Sugden, Devialet, Croft R Series, the 40w Jadis has always been evidently more detailed, open, and natural with Harbeths, as well as perfectly driving other speakers such as Shahinian ARCs and Larcs.

It’s the classic gold front, black sides, with KT88 valves. Boxed and perfect! RRP around £4500-£5000 for the SE model (regular model around £4k). Stereophile ‘A’ rated integrated. I’m thinking around £2.5k for this.

A few photos I have to hand here. More available on request.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuN7QSfnbjV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.instagram.com/p/COZ1LSCrk3A/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.instagram.com/p/CoAJCx1IqRq/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Also, another award winner, the Chord Qutest DAC in black. It’s the best DAC I have owned to date, a truly fit and forget piece with the option of some digital filters and output options. Boxed and perfect. Retails for £1400, I’m thinking £850 for this.

I’m a little on the fence about selling these (especially with the rarity of the Jadis) but the one box Devialet 220 is suiting life at the moment.

Based in London E1. Happy to demo and share more information and photos.

A few questions re Jadis.
1. Remote ? I believe optional.
2. Was is supplied new with KT88?I believe it will take other EL/KT valves as well.
3. History / provenance? Are you the original owner? If not, are you 2nd?
4. When manufactured / supplied? With original receipt and box?
5. The biggest red flag with these is warranty and “what if it breaks” concerns …. I mean boutique French (Brexit?!) manufacturer and/or Absolute Sounds - I mean, what could go wrong!

Sorry to waffle. I’m guessing a lot of these questions are in the minds of other potential buyers too, so worth putting the info out there to help with the sale.

Thank you
Lee

Hi, all good questions.

No remote or tone controls - it’s in its purest form!

I’m the second owner. I have the original box and documents.

I believe it takes other valves too. Never had the urge to try any others.

It was bought in 2015. I had it checked over by KJ West one a few years ago (2018?) for a general service just out of due diligence and all was absolutely fine, I have never had an issue with it - it’s solid and always sounds great.

I read that this particular model isn’t demanding on the valves hence that’s why they last so long.

There are quite a few dealers who can service or fix of needed, or return to Jadis if required. As mentioned - KJ West One is my nearest, I think Guilford Audio is also a supplier?

To add - it’s a very genuine offer for sale, it’s a beautiful piece of kit that I am a little on the fence about selling, being honest, but I’m a minimalist at heart and occasionally get the urge to reduce the kit down and focus on less.

I may take it off the classifieds, not sure as yet. I know it’ll be hard to find another.

advertisement

Back