advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

A Willie Nelson song featured in it very strongly. It’s an all time classic
Not only Willie Nelson, but Eric Clapton played and co-wrote the award-winning soundtrack with Michael Kamen. It is superb, and I think had a huge influence on subsequent soundtracks. Clapton later performed the music at the Albert Hall with a full orchestra.

We watched Melancholia on Disney plus at the weekend, part of Lars Von Trier’s trilogy about depression, the other two films being the Antichrist and Nymphomania :rolleyes: anyway a beautifully shot movie full of fantastic actors but complete and utter shite so two hours of our life we won’t get back.

God only knows how much the likes of Kirsten Dunst, John Hurt, Kiefer Sullivan and Charlotte Gainsborough were paid to act on this load of nonsense but it must have been plenty.

Tetris on Apple TV+ is the entertaining story of how the Russian video game was licensed for worldwide sale in 1988. Huge fun, and very well done IMO.

Saturday night watched the Luther film on Netflix. Andy Sirkus is very good in it but even for Luther the plot was ridiculous, it felt like his audition for James Bond. Entertaining if you disengage your brain.

Last night watched the Last Kingdom film on Netflix. It offers absolutely nothing new and felt like it would have been better as another series. If you had no knowledge of Britain you’d think riding a horse from Winchester to Northumberland took about a day. I enjoyed it slightly more than Luther.

Cheers BB

Began watching Mayor of Kingstown. It is very dark, but excellent so far.

Netlix

Wednesday
(
as in from the Addams family. Just do not take it too seriously. expecting film noir. It is a vehicle for the cute diminutive very small Jenna Ortega to talk down to every one with often absurd but funny remarks. One of the most watched shows on Netflix. Her goth dance went viral with many imitators on YouTube)

The Recruit ( CIA rookie lawyer thrown into the deep end during his first week at the CIA)

Katla (A modern telling of the Icelandic Changeling folk tale from that country. Great photography. Some really violent moments)

Other
Poker Face
( lady who uses her ability to tell who is lying to solve crimes)

The Power ( young girls all over the world develop an organ to direct electricity that challenges the male world order)

Extraordinary ( A uk series where every one but the star has a super power)

The Periperheral ( A show about alternative time lines)

Wolfpack ( a return to acting by Sarah Michelle Gelar. About a mysterious wild fire connected with the appearance of a monstrous werewollf)

I see a new series of Black Mirror will be showing on Netflix sometime in June. Highly recommended if you've never seen any of these before - very imaginative and dark little tales.

Colin from Accounts has been making me laugh more than most modern comedies.
Yes, it's good.
Talking of Colin and accounts, my accountant's right hand man is one Colin Robinson. The makes me chuckle as of course there's a Colin Robinson in, "What we do in the Shadows." Colin Robinson is an Energy Vampire which is how some people view accountants!

Today we watched the film ’Chef’ (again) on dvd.
eldest Granddaughter was over and she hadn’t seen it.

John Favreau is a talent! (never mind his other extensive works) Superb feel good film, with a killer latin slanted soundtrack.
Everyone is in this film - Dustin Hoffman, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr. plus many other familiar faces.
The side-effect of this film is the food… the soundtrack has some of the recipes on the sleeve!
Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Mrs. Davis on Peacock US is weird AF. Seemingly benevolent AI dictator versus badass Nun. Silly, but fun. Will definitely keep watching.

SILO on AppleTv+.

First two episodes are up and it is excellent so far, realy looking forward to how this progresses.

I haven't read the book/s so I made a BIG mistake in looking for further info only to stumble on a big plot spoiler almost in the first paragraph I read so I put a full stop to amy more background reading.
Be warned do not make the same mistake I made!

I started with Silo and it did look good but I got strong going to be depressing as **** vibes from the start so put it aside for the time being.

Watched Rye Lane on Disney having just missed it at the cinema. Love Actually crossed with Before a sunrise when set in London. Absolutely superb and very funny.

rewatch of American Psycho (2000) today - currently available for nowt on All 4.

Holy Moly, I had forgotten how rough this film is!
Christian Bale is magnificent in the lead - bits of Hi-Fi and Phil Collins flying about, as is the copious amounts of blood. Vile and captivating at the same time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144084/

Yes, it's good.
Talking of Colin and accounts, my accountant's right hand man is one Colin Robinson. The makes me chuckle as of course there's a Colin Robinson in, "What we do in the Shadows." Colin Robinson is an Energy Vampire which is how some people view accountants!

I watched all eight episodes of “ Colin From Accounts” last night and tonight, some genuine belly laughs in it. :p:p

advertisement

Back