advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Financial circumstances meant I've recently sold my Weiss DAC202 and currently using my Mojo for music in my main system. Unfortunately, the little SMSL Sanskit Dac that I use for the TV has been playing up so I've replaced it with the newer model which amazon are doing at a bargain £79.99. Fantastic little thing it is.

Just added a BAT VK-600 SE, which is replacing my Quad Artera power amp.

The Quad is frankly brilliant, and I preferred it to all of the other amps that I’ve used in my system, which include 300Bs, EL34s, solid state Class A, Tripath and Quads older current dumping amps.

The BAT is another step on again. Amazing control for low end, effortless (as you expect with it’s power output and the efficiency of my speakers), very transparent and no apparent graininess.

My Classic Audio Spartan 5 phono stage which continues to impress me and others who have heard it. Tremendous performance from a budget item.

Reactions: RoA
Naim Armageddon (replacing lingo 1) closely followed by a prefix k (for my Linn Asak) and of course an olive hicap to power it properly…astonishing!

Yes indeed. Properly designed electronics replaced with a toroidal transformer in a box. :rolleyes:

A lovely 1988 Kenwood DP-1100SG CD player.
Ha…guess I’m just old skool but point to point makes more sense to me…why over complicate things? plus I’ve now got rid of the mechanical jitter associated with the lingo’s oscillator something you will know all about with your new CD player

I just bought a Bluesound Node 2i from a member here. I really like the fact that it just works and doesn’t take up much space.

I'm coming from SET. 300b and Class A SS, and looking for timbre and transparency. I thought that the Marantz Class D amplifier might be the complete opposite of what I liked, but fancied a try.
In a way, it is indeed the complete opposite , but it brings a whole new set of capabilities that I hadn't realised that I was missing.

New battery for my Chord Mojo, DIY fit.

Otherwise, nothing in a long time.
Am listening from a place of great contentment about quality and satisfaction in what I use to convey music, these days.

3-BFEAC03-EB18-4-FFF-9-C03-8-E2-B5004-C7-B0.jpg

Yamaha A-S801 was heavily discounted on Amazon for a few hours last week so I got one. Great amp so far, the built in DAC is supposed to be great as well but I’m waiting for a digi hat for my RPi streamer.

I mentioned the Slider pre-amp around three weeks back. It's now thoroughly settled in and I've brought it with me on holiday, together with the Denafrips Ares/Iris combo. (Meridian amp stays here permanently.) The synergy with ESL57s is wonderful - they have never sounded so good.
Alfred Brendel is here in the living room playing the Diabelli variations. :)

advertisement

Back