advertisement

Mains cable

Locheeboy

pfm Member
Just been given a length of mains cable for my turntable. It's single,solid colours - green/red/white. Should that go ...

Green=Earth ?
Red =live ?
White=Neutral ?

Thanks, Boab.

The colours have no importance. The European norm is blue for neutral, brown for live and green/yellow for earth.
But yes, what you suggest makes sense.

Aye, it's a UK company. The cable maker is in Taiwan ,but it's UK spec. Ah've since emailed the company and they said it's OFC mains, designed for Turntable and audio. There's a lot of info on the cable.They also said that my assumptions were correct re. wiring.
Cheers, Boab. :cool:

Except that over here in NA live is black, red only if it is a second live, the latter as in two phase 120/240V for electric cookers and clothes dryers.

I’d assume that those colours would not meet UK safety regulations just on the basis of the colour and regardless of the quality of the cable. As such I’d not use it. It is just not something you should wire into a UK mains plug. This would be significant from an insurance perspective.

I’d assume that those colours would not meet UK safety regulations just on the basis of the colour and regardless of the quality of the cable. As such I’d not use it. It is just not something you should wire into a UK mains plug. This would be significant from an insurance perspective.

Correct you are.

Must be this stuff... eBay link

s-l1600.png

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back