advertisement

Gary Lineker vs. BBC

Whatever, but claiming it wasn't photoshopped or faked is dishonest. Factual, but still dishonest.

Why? I don’t see the two (I assume) Rwandans involved in the Tory concentration camp policy alters the context. It is exactly what I said it was. The casual cruelty and breaking of international refugee human rights is in no way diminished by the addition/omission of a couple of employees in frame. They are irrelevant.

It was your claim that it wasn't photoshopped or faked that is dishonest. Making a point is fine, but at least do it honestly. I happen to agree about her, but you do your point no favours here.

It was your claim that it wasn't photoshopped or faked that is dishonest.

To be honest I wasn’t aware it was cropped when I made my post (I’d not read right down the post responses). I still argue the crop doesn’t alter the context so I’ll not retract at all. The optics are the same either way. It is what it is; a UK Conservative Party politician openly laughing in front of a concentration camp that was created by the party at our expense to ramp up demonisation and hate rhetoric towards refugees. An act that is as I understand it in breach of international human rights legislation.

The scary thing is absolutely zero ad hominem is required. Just highlighting Conservative Party words, behaviour, policy, incompetence and corruption is all that is required to paint them as the very worst politicians this nation has seen since the days of no votes for anyone bar the wealthy elite, the slave trade etc.

The thing that I find the most terrifying is just how open they are about what they are doing. The Home Secretary travelling 6000 miles for photo-ops in front of concentration camps, the Party Chairman publicly stating the next election will be fought on a culture war, scapegoating trans folk etc. They are absolute monsters and so proud of it.

PS I’d so vote for that Pygmy Tarsier.

In the US, National Public Radio transmits BBC World News. I’ve listened regularly over the years, and have heard more and more right wing bias in the broadcast.

Yesterday was a good example. The topic was the failure of Silicon Valley Bank, and the interviewer was pushing a BS right wing line that ESG investing was at the core of the failure. This familiar trope was easily destroyed by the interviewee, who then criticized banks who weren’t investing in ESG. Obviously frustrated, the interviewer tried to make it personal, claiming the interviewee had no right to criticize banks if he wasn’t perfect in his own life. It took about half a dozen stupid questions before the interviewer finally latched onto something minor. He claimed the interviewee was a hypocrite for owning an iPhone. It was really pathetic at bullying, so I switched my car’s radio to music.

Broadcaster Backs CHAOS.

Whatever, but claiming it wasn't photoshopped or faked is dishonest. Factual, but still dishonest.
Bah. You think you've got something because you're desperate to have something. Doesn't matter if the entire government of Rwanda is up there laughing with her, changes none of the basic facts. She is exporting people to a 'facility' in a third-world country, and she is happy.

Am I wrong having an overwhelming desire to upend Ms Braverman straight over that balustrade??

To be honest I wasn’t aware it was cropped when I made my post (I’d not read right down the post responses). I still argue the crop doesn’t alter the context so I’ll not retract at all. The optics are the same either way. It is what it is; a UK Conservative Party politician openly laughing in front of a concentration camp that was created by the party at our expense to ramp up demonisation and hate rhetoric towards refugees. An act that is as I understand it in breach of international human rights legislation.

As it been mentioned here that only right wing gammon news was invited on the trip to boot? We really are falling down a rabbit hole here with this, we're really going to let them drag this out until the next GE aren't we?

I remember the good old bad old days when no one in their right mind could imagine anything worse as Home Secretary than Theresa May.

Check out the bond on the bricks she laid... Build the wall? Doh! She messed up the wall...

FrnMg54WYAARmQ2

Bah. You think you've got something because you're desperate to have something. Doesn't matter if the entire government of Rwanda is up there laughing with her, changes none of the basic facts. She is exporting people to a 'facility' in a third-world country, and she is happy.
I guess you didn't read my comment that I agree about her? :rolleyes:

advertisement

Back