advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Kids bought us RHS Membership for Christmas so today we had our first look at the new-ish RHS Bridgewater in the posh bit of Salford where the kids live.
For those who don't know it's on the site of Worsley New Hall, which was demolished about 1949 and was just over the road from Worsley Old Hall, which wasn't...and still exists..as a pub- restaurant.
Anyway, well worth a visit even though most plants only just emerging.
Think I'll be going regularly to watch the seasons change.

Back from the GREATEST London. Wouldn't have known there was a train strike. Nice night in last night in Marylebone - nice pubs and a great fishnchip dinner.

Off to WGC and BTB for a few later.

Raining hard early on so having a lazy(ish) day, mostly indoors.

Cleaned 20 LPs with Knosti record cleaning contraption this morning, and now my arms ache :(.

Lunch midday, then cleaned and fitted new batteries in a couple of nice old Gucci watches belonging to a woman friend. Currently debating whether to fit new straps. Existing are original but a bit tatty. I'm concerned changing them will spoil their well used look which matches the current owner so well.

Sun has now come out so late afternoon dog walk beckons.

Early morning wake up from OH who had an eye problem, potentially detached retina. Took her to eye hospital, waste of time. Wouldn't even look at it. Quick eye test and said all is fine......same happened to sister in Scotland who listened to them and now has sight only in one eye. To be continued...

Tried to drive to Hammermith as trains cancelled. Gridlocked M4, gave up.

Got home and found a bottle of wine had smashed in boot. Now smells of Chablis.

On a spiritual retreat today near oswesty .some time for quiet reflection this morning , however some of the members have a rock band and this evening the place is shaking !! Louder than concorde !!

One wonders how the mums trying to setting their babies will react !!

'Puggled' (wonderful adjective, Rose!) after a fantastic week way up North visiting with my oldest friend Adam. The kind of friend where half-finished taglines from 35yrs ago are still funny / picked-up mid-sentence/ no explanation needed between us - to the utter bafflement of everyone else.

Flight home hopelessly late.*
After getting home & addressing the domestic quotidian - visited the Barber.

I need to look through what's on the camera; probably tomorrow.

Meanwhile - currently roasting a wide cast of mixed veg, for late supper; v nearly done. Wine open, soon.

* & no harm done.
It is substantially much -more offensive/ inexcusable/idiotic - that I could have SIX round-trip flights at the price I paid, vs the ONE return journey via rail (via London to visit Daughter, on the way) The 6 round-trip flights would only have cost me a whole £1 more ... A rant for another pfm room / day

Back from the GREATEST London. Wouldn't have known there was a train strike. Nice night in last night in Marylebone - nice pubs and a great fishnchip dinner.

Off to WGC and BTB for a few later.

last time I had a drink in WGC was circa 1969 at the ??The Cherry tree??, long time ago. it was an old mod/early skinhead gaff

Early morning wake up from OH who had an eye problem, potentially detached retina. Took her to eye hospital, waste of time. Wouldn't even look at it. Quick eye test and said all is fine......same happened to sister in Scotland who listened to them and now has sight only in one eye. To be continued...

Tried to drive to Hammermith as trains cancelled. Gridlocked M4, gave up.

Got home and found a bottle of wine had smashed in boot. Now smells of Chablis.

@canonman - I hope you can get your OH's eye problem dealt with quickly if not sorted already.

My wife had a similar problem a few years ago. Rather than go to A&E we contacted her optician who saw her almost immediately. They were able to diagnose the problem and refer her directly to the local hospital opthalmology department for treatment, completely bypassing her GP, A&E etc, for which we were very grateful.

Last edited:
@canonman - I hope you can get your OH's eye problem dealt with quickly if not sorted already.

My wife had a similar problem a few years ago. Rather than go to A&E we contacted her optician who saw her almost immediately. They were able to diagnose the problem and refer her directly to the local hospital opthalmology department for treatment, completely bypassing her GP etc, for which we were very grateful.

^^^. This. Mrs hc25036 had exactly the same experience.

We had friends over yesterday for a meal.
They are both vegetarians and don’t drink alcohol.

We had a good time, and the veggie lasagna was better than we thought it would be.
(charred smokey aubergine flesh, lots of spinach and mushrooms, with a ratatouille layer)

I didn’t say anything stupid, or inadvertently insult anyone ( o_O my usual m.o. )

The Daughter came over this morning (from next door) and moaned about her ex-husband being an idiot. We knew he was an idiot before The Daughter realised, but what can you do? I gave The Daughter a big hug. I have special powers.

Daughter wouldn’t take any lasagna…

My wife had a similar problem a few years ago. Rather than go to A&E we contacted her optician who saw her almost immediately. They were able to diagnose the problem and refer her directly to the local hospital opthalmology department for treatment, completely bypassing her GP, A&E etc, for which we were very grateful.
Hi MikeMa m, thanks. It was very frustrating. Optician wouldn’t deal with it, advised eye hospital immediately. Doctor there said that she needed to go to optician!
Fortunately, 2 of them checked her vision and said that they were convinced it wasn’t a detached retina and that should go back to optician after the weekend for a more intensive check and not to worry.

Went to see ‘Standing At The Sky’s Edge’ at the National Theatre last night, I dislike musicals generally but it was excellent. First time at the NT too, a lovely venue.

Daughter #1 coming over shortly to give Mrs BB her gift and then we’re heading to Whitstable for lunch with the MIL.

Cheers BB

up in the loft moving some boxes about.

thinking about making the onion gravy for latter - to go with a toad.

Had a home haircut (the usual). I start it off and my wife finishes it. Shaky hands and forgets how to use the electric clippers. But I got my retaliation in first; I trimmed hers earlier. :D

witnessing a will. Making red wine onion gravy. Pre cooking and refreshing some veg. Listening to Rodigan on 1XTRA.

advertisement

Back