advertisement

Grinderman

graystoke4

pfm Member
hi, just bought two CD's, of , grinderman, who is Nick cave, with another identity/band,
grinderman 2, which has a wolf on the cover, and the one with the monkey on the cover, the writing is so small, can.t read it, anyway , both are superb , a bit like his other stuff but more, everything, more thrash, power and excitement, two for a fiver on ebay, well chuffed ,

Saw them live in Hammersmith once - top live band! Can't get enough particularly of the intro to Get It On (not the T.Rex song!) on the first album. Excellent!

Palaces of Montezeuma is on several playlists of mine purely for some of the lyrics although the rest of that album is pretty decent too!

Try the remix album of grinderman 2 called Grinderman 2 RMX - best of the 3 in my opinion. Big Nick Cave fan. I remember seeing him second on the bill to Nirvana (which I like too) on the closing Sunday night of Reading Rock festival in 1992 and he was excellent. Sadly it was I believe the final time Nirvana played a gig in the UK although stand to be corrected.

I was at that Nirvana gig, that’s when Kurt came on stage in a wheel chair…getting old but cannot remember Nick being on before them.

Mind you that could be as there were so many great bands to see, love “No pussy blues” what a tune!

Love the Grinderman stuff, music and lyrics, great "play loud and get out of bed" music. In fact I heard Nick C's Grinderman before his Bad Seeds work.

advertisement

Back