advertisement

After-party music

cubastreet

Espresso Fiend
There's probably a name for the genre. I'm listening to Since I Left You by the Avalanches and it fits the bill nicely

The music is upbeat so you don't get sleepy, but it's sit around rather than jump about, and there are no rough edges to aggravate sensitive heads.

For me the the epitome would be the K&D sessions.

Try Nick Warren - Back To Mine, without a doubt my most played after club/after party/6am Sunday morning zone out listening salve after a lost weekend spent at Melting Pot/Sub Club in Glasgow.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYMYTDPALpf6lPNRvoGav4ih0c2FMZ1Qr

1st track below

Have a look through Late Night Tales as well, some excellent downtempo night releases/mixes.

https://latenighttales.co.uk/

Trentmoller mix is very good

as is every mix below

in fact there’s too many to list, go explore :)

Ah, come down tunes!

K&D for sure, Tosca and Peace Orchestra in are in a similar vein.

Herbert was big for us back in the day - especially Second Hand Sounds and Bodily Functions, although the latter is a bit more housey.

Wait for the break!

Gilles Petersons ‘Worldwide’ series too maybe?

Similar to Late Night Tales, the ‘Back to Mine’ series. The Royksopp LP is amazing, probably my favourite in the series.

Try Nick Warren - Back To Mine, without a doubt my most played after club/after party/6am Sunday morning zone out listening salve after a lost weekend spent at Melting Pot/Sub Club in Glasgow.

One of my favourite mixes ever!

That Irresistible Force remix of Autumn Leaves....

Generally I hope the party is over early enough that I can be home and in bed by 10pm. Since most of the parties I go to nowadays are kids' parties, that's generally quite easily achievable.

Generally I hope the party is over early enough that I can be home and in bed by 10pm. Since most of the parties I go to nowadays are kids' parties, that's generally quite easily achievable.
Sounds like me, my current back home mix to get the kids in bed is Minecraft calm music on Alexa :D

I'm loving the A Love From Outer Space parties at Phonox in Brixton which run 4-10pm - get there and back by public transport, and still (theoretically at least) in bed at a reasonable hour.

The Allman Brothers version of Whipping Post can normally clear a room. Failing that, I've got a great double Keith Tippett album that is guaranteed to deal with any stragglers.

advertisement

Back