advertisement

Help! To change BNC phono sockets on a 72 to RCA

Nye Samuel

Herr Katze
I can't do it...I don't want to use adapters.

Can anyone here do it? I will provide the RCA sockets and pay all the postage and recompense you for your time.

I am in Biggleswade in Bedfordshire.

With best wishes

Nye

Make sure you use good quality sockets, I ended up doing this mod twice! The generic gold plated type I used first time round didn't make reliable contact. Second time round I used Cardas from hi-fi collective and these have been absolutely fine

Make sure you use good quality sockets, I ended up doing this mod twice! The generic gold plated type I used first time round didn't make reliable contact. Second time round I used Cardas from hi-fi collective and these have been absolutely fine
I was planning to choose WBT...I will ask Laverda for his recommendation but thanks for the suggestion.

Don't buy the cheap so called quality 'unbranded' RCA's, but how do you know their shite, the only way is to buy and curse after.

Cardas CTFA & WBT are good (soldered, gas tight connections) :)

Don't buy the cheap so called quality 'unbranded' RCA's, but how do you know their shite, the only way is to buy and curse after.

Cardas CTFA & WBT are good (soldered, gas tight connections) :)
I have bought a pair of Cardas CTFA RCA sockets....using RM Special Delivery...so hopefully they will arrive by the end of this week.

So glad you are getting your RCA sockets fitted..
You already know how good a 72 with RSL boards in sounds
The final step is super regs for the boards and you really will have a giant killer....but enjoy for now:D

So glad you are getting your RCA sockets fitted..
You already know how good a 72 with RSL boards in sounds
The final step is super regs for the boards and you really will have a giant killer....but enjoy for now:D

PM sent....please explain what you mean.

advertisement

Back