advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Yesterday was a day of thrills and spills. New (to me) cable came by post, then it went down hill. Walked passed the fridge in Tesco and a pint of milk flew out at me and just missed spraying my shoes, go home and the shopping bag toppled over and the only thing to fall out was a carton of double cream which covered most of the kitchen floor. Then the dishwasher leaked over the floor so it was cleaned for a second time, it has never been the same since someone fell on the open door and bent some cutlery.

[QUOTE="billo, post: 4952011, member: 11135"it has never been the same since someone fell on the open door and bent some cutlery.[/QUOTE]
Uri Geller?

Went to bed at midnight and woke at 03.45 and couldn't get back to sleep, so drove to West End to check some jobs. Went to High Wycombe for a quote and then home for paperwork. Had tremendous stomach ache on the 90 minute journey home, I should have stopped at the services but my aversity to Public Toilets stopped me, I only just made it to the toilet when I got home. Thankfully seems to have settled down after a slice of toast. The mighty Boro on TV tonight versus the ressurgent Potters.

Cheers BB

Spent the morning listening to a friends lovely art speakers and catching up

Afternoon more wrestling with banking issues as a poa ..they gave me 3 cashcards !! What the heck do i need 3 cashcards for :mad::mad:.bonkers .yet another trip to the bank to sort i guess

making damson jam. I froze last year’s crop because I didn’t have enough jars. Having amassed enough I couldn’t put it off any longer. Still 3-4kg in the freezer but I can’t cook more than 5kg at a time.

As we approach St. Patrick’s Day, I’ve noticed that the Scots are guilty of cultural appropriation. :)

A486-E81-C-B6-AF-48-DC-BA96-DD945038-C664.jpg

Spent much of today trying to explain to someone on another forum that not everyone who opposes Tory policy, action and rhetoric is a 'woke lefty'.. that there is no 'woke conspiracy' and that the Tory right's 'War on Woke' is a diversion.
I think I've wasted a day....

Yesterday I tried to impress my grandson with my old balancing trick. Hands on floor, elbows bent, and hold myself horizontal off the floor. Unfortunately one elbow was pressed into my ribs, and I appear to have cracked one. But it only hurts when I breathe.
He is 20 and I am 74. I can still do pull-ups while he can't, but not with a cracked rib.
Not sure if I impressed him though.

That used to my balancing trick too. Surprisingly few people could do it. Not sure if I could still do it - but, again, not sure it would be wise to try! - and anyway I do not have Grandkids to impress (yet, anyway)

Having got fed up with the inordinate length of time that YouTube music takes to load the album list on my phone, I looked around for an alternative music player. I came across Musicolet, which seemed to get very positive reviews. Downloaded it. It's quite brilliant! Many of my albums did not show any cover art, and it is so easy to add it.
Loads all albums pretty instantly. No more SlowTube music for me. If you want an alternative player, it is well worth looking at.

Worked from home today, went swimming early morning and then took the A4 for new tyres. Prepared 7 quotes for various clients. Just knocked off now and will be opening my first beer of the week whilst I order the online shop.

Cheers BB

Off for a meal at the local golf club tonight, which is the annual Air Cadets presentation evening. The boy will get his Duke of Edinburgh Bronze award, and with any luck, confirmation of promotion to Corporal (fingers crossed).

been regrouting and relaying tiles in a bathroom . been leaking through the bathroom floor which is a PITB . been delayed doing it for one reason or another .
managed to borrow a dac off a good friend to try . its an old one but very impressed you can still get instructions on the chord website for it

advertisement

Back