advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

met up with friends this morning

this pm took another friend to the nursing home to see someone

got called to a house as overflow pipe from a central heating pipe puking all over the back of the house . ironically the homeserve policy ran out 2 days ago :eek:
fortunately i managed to isolate it and contacted my new gas engineer by email . who responded in 30 mins on a sunday afternoon ... impressive . No one can replace my last gas engineer who emigrated at christmas but this guy very responsive

admiring the front door at MIL sheltered housing . it has a door closer which the fire safety expert says must shut fast . its so stiff this very elderly lady must back in through it to get through the front door . risking breaking her neck . Ah thats ok becuase the door is stiff enough to close fast . problem is if there was a fire she would find it hard to open the door

sometimes these fire safety guys live on another planet GRRRRRR :mad: we already took one one , spent a fortune on another that was supposed to work well . rather frustrating i must say
A familiar problem.

If the building has a fire alarm system, and an available volt free contact on the fire panel - look at 'swing-free' closers. from c £150ish plus fitting power supply.. Acts like no closer at all, until triggered by FA panel (which commands the door shut). We spec them for apartment entrance doors in retirement living schemes for just such reasons. HTH.

Been nursing a monumental hangover today. I haven’t had one for years, I’m just tired normally after a heavy session. Managed to make roast dinner but spent the rest of the day on the sofa.

Cheers BB

Yet another visit to a hospital for pain control later today .
This time, a nerve-block in my groin -
and I have no expectation that the procedure will have any positive effect.
Had to take a covid test and wash with antibacterial hoodiddy (upstairs/downstairs) for a few days.
balls.

Had to take a covid test and wash with antibacterial hoodiddy (upstairs/downstairs) for a few days.
balls.

Sending empathy your way, and hoping this nerve block works. It really sucks that you’ve had to deal with this pain for so long.

Did usual 10 km dog walk this morning in local woods, calling in at no.2 daughter's midway for cup of tea and chat. Ground was wet and muddy after recent rain but weather breezy, sunny and warm today.

Spent most of the afternoon reviewing new house insurance quotes, checking bank accounts and counting money. According to their websites, a couple of the banks had withdrawn all their loan offers ; fallout from the SVB collapse I assume, and a tiny bit scary as one of them owes me quite a lot of money :-/

Last edited:
Sending empathy your way, and hoping this nerve block works. It really sucks that you’ve had to deal with this pain for so long.

Thanks.
I hope it works as well. Lignocaine and dexamethasone (steroid) injections in my groin.

The staff were atrocious, and I have a form to make a written complaint. The Consultant was a bully and inappropriate. Ward Sister was complicit. I am less than pleased. The other bloke waiting for treatment was an elderly chap who happened to be a retired Nurse as well… he was a Psychiatric Nurse, so marginally more tolerant than me.

Booked BA flights to Edinburgh for next month's trip. Now trying to find a non rip off car hire deal! Interestingly, best deal at Glasgow was for a Polestar 2, cheaper than an Astra but charging in the Highlands could be challenging ...

balls.

That sounds very rubbish for you. Especially as the staff you saw were a bit crap. Hope the injections work.

Very impressed you have upstairs and downstairs bathrooms though :)

Planning our first vacation since well before COVID. Mrs. Hook and I are driving cross country to Emerald Isle, North Carolina, in late June. It’s a small beach town in the Outer Banks.

It’s also a family reunion. Will be seeing my sister and brother-in-law, their three kids and their many kids. They’re renting a huge house, but we decided to get our own place. Just reserved this “shack” on Airbnb.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/798490..._impression_id=p3_1678748224_T+dA0B9htr3eR+GD

I have been awake since < 05:00 hrs. I blame the steroid injection.

The Wife is in her office writing an application for some art/museum project.

I am in the process of tailing off some specific analgesic medication to assess whether the nerve block has done anything. This is hard as the pain is difficult to describe. I will take a week + to finish tailing the meds off. If you just stop taking this stuff it can mess with your head, so that it is the last thing I want.

Playing a record that I have sold, and wondering why I decided to sell it. Heigh ho.

advertisement

Back