advertisement

Rugby Six Nations 2023

I hope (against hope) that your promise has to be kept. I can't imagine disliking someone enough to take them to a Wetherspoons.

It’s handy for the train station and the beer is actually decent enough. We had a great night in there with a bunch of ZA fans when they sealed Eddies fate in the autumn internationals. FoL kept them so entertained we didn’t have to pay for a single round!

As a side note, only Spoons could be so literal as to name a pub in Twickenham after that horrible little twat who picked the ball up…

Well, I’m taking Fruit of Loin #2 to see England v Italy tomorrow. If the game is half as good as that one I’ll be very happy.

I promised her that if England got a bonus point win, I’d treat her to a bottle of champagne in the fan zone champers bar. After the game that Italy gave France last weekend, I think my wallet might be safe from that particular raping, but maybe I’ll do a consolation of a bottle of Prosecco in the William Webb Ellis (Wetherspoons) instead.

Could be an expensive afternoon!

Well, I’m taking Fruit of Loin #2 to see England v Italy tomorrow. If the game is half as good as that one I’ll be very happy.

I promised her that if England got a bonus point win, I’d treat her to a bottle of champagne in the fan zone champers bar. After the game that Italy gave France last weekend, I think my wallet might be safe from that particular raping, but maybe I’ll do a consolation of a bottle of Prosecco in the William Webb Ellis (Wetherspoons) instead.

Never mind about bonus points, England will be lucky to win!

Two great games, deserved wins by Ireland and Scotland, with a bit of luck and a following wind Italy will triumph tomorrow.

Oops pfm punditry at it’s finest. How was the champagne?

Oops pfm punditry at it’s finest. How was the champagne?

Effing expensive. but very nice and we have some lovely* plastic flutes as a souvenir...

On the train back to our hotel we were sat with Jack Willis' grandparents who were almost exploding with pride and his grandad was mates with my old coach at Widnes RUFC, and who used to help out at my old school. Small world!

It was a great day. Next year we're going to do France V England at the Stade de France which has been a bucket list fixture for me since I was a kid.

*not actually lovely, but not actually tacky, somehow.

Ireland are so Flippin good. France had their moments, the Scots depend on Finn for magic moments, England need to gel and Italy and Wales? Wales??? What happened to Welsh rugby? But all good games so far and the France/ Ireland game was a masterclass.

Talking of Finn I had more than a moments cynical thought, that next weekend, when he turns out for Racing vs Breive, some large and unscrupulous player might just think that an unfortunate accident during the game would make a french win the following weekend virtually certain.
I'm getting paranoid!

Disappointing display from the lads so far, hopefully a tough half time talk can spur them into better form. As much as it pains me to say, the French are looking very good...

Interesting how England's forwards seem so effective against one team and helpless against another, and have nothing else to offer...

advertisement

Back