advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

attended a meeting on various premises issues like problems with fire alarm systems and legionella testing

spent most of day responding to huge amounts of solicitor queries on solar panels and covenats from the 1930`s . one stupid question was "please specify and and adjoining or nearby premises are affected by similar covenants"
so i am really going to walk down the whole street asking about covenants .... i dont think so ....grrrrr such stupid questions !! [ all the conveyancers on here please forgive me i know its all CWA ]

attended a meeting on various premises issues like problems with fire alarm systems and legionella testing

spent most of day responding to huge amounts of solicitor queries on solar panels and covenats from the 1930`s . one stupid question was "please specify and and adjoining or nearby premises are affected by similar covenants"
so i am really going to walk down the whole street asking about covenants .... i dont think so ....grrrrr such stupid questions !! [ all the conveyancers on here please forgive me i know its all CWA ]
Just say to the best of my knowledge, none.

Missed a meeting this morning as nobody seems capable of driving in the rain in Kent or South London. Back on the paperwork this afternoon, enjoying some tunes as I go.

Cheers BB

Renewed door seal on our Liebherr kitchen fridge this morning. I've replaced door seals before and they've just been a push fit into the door profile, but not this one which was incorporated into the door at the manufacturing stage, so it had to be cut out and the new seal stuck in place with tape. What a faff, and you have to ask why? Anyhow, much cheaper than a new fridge and a small Right To Repair victory :).

Got wet on this afternoon's walk :(

... spending an hour or three using Mp3tag to correct/add to the metadata on the music files on the NAS. 2TB worth of music, and I've only got as far "D", though "B" (Bach, Beethoven, ...) was a big squawk. :D It's always a bonus when Discogs or MusicBrainz find the relevant CD.
Long may it snow !

Lapsing into the dialect of my adoptive village.."Aahhve dun nowt aww day'.

I seem to go from lively days to days when I'm wiped out.

Yesterday the Cardio nurse told me that my latest new medication is having a bad effect on my kidneys. It's got me wondering if it's worth it, for a slight gain. And now they want to try yet another med, with potentially bad side effects. Feel a bit like a Guinea Pig and I'm only marginally in Heart Failure. They seem to be trying to use drugs to stop symptoms I don't have.

I may need to call a halt to this nonsense..

In the West End at 05.00 this morning, one of my people locked herself out of her job last night. Luckily she had her phone and home keys on her still. I had expected to do the job myself this morning but she arrived at the same time as me and would only let me help her take the rubbish (considerable) out.

Cheers BB

on the bus to visit my parents - an hour door to door £4 for the two of us. Way quicker than the bus, then train to KingsX then tube then bus.

Now mooching around in Hampstead

admiring the front door at MIL sheltered housing . it has a door closer which the fire safety expert says must shut fast . its so stiff this very elderly lady must back in through it to get through the front door . risking breaking her neck . Ah thats ok becuase the door is stiff enough to close fast . problem is if there was a fire she would find it hard to open the door

sometimes these fire safety guys live on another planet GRRRRRR :mad: we already took one one , spent a fortune on another that was supposed to work well . rather frustrating i must say

Interesting week this week, Monday went into Nottingham City Hospital for a replacement reversed (ball and socket swapped over) shoulder.It was a 6 month wait for the op so not bad. Staff all brilliant operating as a can do team working approach. Got out by Tuesday evening, had to go back for meds and sign off Wednesday. strapped up in a Velcro sling. Sleeping awkward and painful, found best way is in an armchair with a quilt, getting about 4 hours a night plus day snoozes. Supplied some pretty heavy meds that I have avoided sticking to Paracetamol and Ibuprofen. Movement getting better and already less painful than pre op. Stitches out Monday week. Physio exercises provided and physio follow up soon at Newark Hospital. Should all be sorted by 3 month mark.

Great night out at cracking restaurant with intended. Shared some lovely Rioja afterwards and a long lie in this morning:)
Off for a quick 9 holes now.

Walked The Field with The Wife. It was a muddy walk, and I nearly fell over. Didn’t see any reportable animals. Wife carried a plastic box home and put it in the recycling.

Scrabble later.
We played yesterday. 2 games to 1, not in my favour. I had one game with no ‘E’s’ picked up. Wife had them all. Weird game. Then The Wife played two 7 letter words in one game. Pah!
Hopefully my luck will change.

No idea what the main meal is today.

Sorting firewood for next winter. Been waiting for a Stihl reassuringly expensive battery chainsaw for 11 months, gave up and bought a Lidl one which was ok. A twelfth of the price and it was incorrectly assembled but going well now; as expected found a nail within ten minutes but quick file and off again.

Next job boiled beef and carrots in the oven.

Had Lidl tuna empanadas as a starter last night; or rather the cat did but unfortunately didn't recognise them as food and started scrapping around to bury them. I think the crows enjoyed them after all.

Went to an antiques fair, and if you’re into costume jewellery and old postcards, you would have been in heaven. Meh.
Saved the day by dropping into the local charity emporium and snagged a couple of cookery books.

advertisement

Back