advertisement

Integrated amp opinions

2N3055

pfm Member
Got an amp itch and wondering which way to scratch it.

Interested in opinions (subjective, of course) between the following "house sounds" ie general sound tendency of the following integrateds and personal preferences:

Hegal
LFD
Naim
Karan KA 180 mk2
Densen
Any other favourites

I would buy used, so anything that was/is up to about £5k new.

70wpc into 8 ohms upwards.

Current system is Townsend TT, LFD phono, Arcam A5 CD, Topping E30, Densen B100 Mk5, Tukans plus sub.

Tony

None of them.
Anything with 2N3055. Revox A78, Beolab 5000, Quad 303.
Just kidding obviously :)

Maybe not for the Tukans, but if I change speakers in the future 70wpc upwards should drive most.

I would think that more efficient speakers rather than more powerful amps would be sonically better ?...could be wrong ( often am )

I would think that more efficient speakers rather than more powerful amps would be sonically better ?...could be wrong ( often am )
That's a whole other discussion. Could well be right.

At this point I'm just interested in comparison opinions on the following:

Hegal
LFD
Naim
Karan KA 180 mk2
Densen

That's interesting. Not come across this one before.

yes well worth investing in or with your budget you could get the 140

The Norma Revo IPA-140 is a definitive choice for amplification. Its high power (140W/8Ohm) and the ability to drive the most demanding speakers make it an extremely versatile amp. The elegant and sophisticated style is perfectly in tune with its sound personality. Power, dynamics, speed, and transparency are combined to create outstanding musicality and a total absence of listening fatigue. The inside workings show that the technical refinement follows the same philosophy. The Revo IPA-140 uses proprietary circuitry, regulated high-speed power, low noise and is built with a careful selection of the best materials available.

its superbly made . has a fine control . has a very muscular sound but also very smooth . sounds like a naim with a lavardin perhaps . very highly recommended

https://www.thesoundadvocate.com/2020/08/norma-revo-ipa-140b-integrated-amplifier-critique/

I used the 70b with my taus for a little while and it was beautiful

P1070865 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/158267783@N02/, on Flickr

Few weeks back i heard hegel 390 with some modest amphion 3LS . it was enagaging and cavernous , sounded like a concert hall

about a year ago i heard a hegel 120 with an argon one . it was beautiful , musical and so good with vocals . i bought the speakers !!

hegel can sound wonderful and has many fans

advertisement

Back