advertisement

MS Signifer Speakers.

karma67

pfm Member
Due to a bereavement i bought back my Mordaunt Short Signifers.Top of the range back in 1980,id forgotton how good these are.

5VwpyRm.jpg

K9KAQmU.jpg

zs4mVKD.jpg

Lovely! I've always wanted to hear these. I keep an eye out on various places, but they seem to be rarer than hens' teeth.

A bit of a legend. I must confess to loving the "studio monitor on a trolley" look.

How's the sound?

im certainly not left wanting,i normally use ns1000's with upgraded x-overs. the signifers go lower for sure,im going to use them for a few weeks and then swap back to the yamaha's for comparison.

My Hi-fi Choice 'Loudspeakers' book has them listed at £600 inc vat. Not sure of the year as I've lost the front cover, but was around 1979/80.

My Hi-fi Choice 'Loudspeakers' book has them listed at £600 inc vat. Not sure of the year as I've lost the front cover, but was around 1979/80.

I thought the price on the receipt was about right, I seem to recall them being around the £490 mark on launch and then I think they were £540. That would have been spring 1980 IIRC. I left the hifi trade (or thought I did...) in May of that year.

advertisement

Back