advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

Dishes pictured here are so strange to me. Nothing at all like what we usually cook here.
I’m always very surprised whenever I go to the UK. So bizarre food. Not bad, but so different, in a nice kind of way. I guess you feel the same when you come to France :) A British friend once told me our recipes were too rich.
It's rich to say that your receipes are too rich.

More slow cooking today: belly pork with (to be cooked a few hours later) sliced spud, onion, Savoy cabbage and apple. Might have a bottle of Aspall Premier Cru with that.

Not decided yet. We have some nice charlotte potatoes going spare so maybe something with lardons, onions and cheese

Until RB arrives with precise ingredients, use approximations and enjoy - it’ll be no less delicious.

Got a left over hip joint from a lamb roast so that can sit in a chick pea curry today. I’ll speed things up just before we eat and add spinach; cook basmati; mix mint and yoghurt.

Bellypork roasties mash carrots cabbage and yorkshire puddings , other two friggers are having sprouts and caulie as well. With lashings of gravy. For drinks im serving chilled stella.

Lamb chops, veg curry and rice tonight, heavy on the tomatoes, onions and fresh chillies so a bit like Rogan Josh.

Only six buckets of tomatoes left in the freezer now.

Some sort of takeaway for Mrs Jamie's birthday (don't ask how many, but 4 and bit less than me!). Just had some Thorntons sticky toffee cake (avec candles).

She's not decided what cuisine yet.

advertisement

Back