advertisement

Bristol Hifi Show 24to to 26th Feb 2023

Did anyone see the prototype Rogers Cadet V integrated on static display in the rogers room? Looks much like the Cadet III of yore

If so, what's the story there?

Did anyone see the prototype Rogers Cadet V integrated on static display in the rogers room? Looks much like the Cadet III of yore

If so, what's the story there?

Didnt spot that but that e20a integrated was delightful ...very impressed

I thought the Von Gaylords were great, with or without the sub. However, they do appear to be using out of date (and no longer current production) OEM drivers from Focal so I wonder what that's about? Have they got a truckload of NOS drivers, or are they just flogging off some old stuff.

They are actually modern copies of the old Focal inverted dome that Wilson used in their original Tiny Tot (in fact the whole speaker is a homage). However, this implementation sounds a bit sweeter to my ear.

I entered the competition to win the SF speaker. I told the chap I was interested in McIntosh processors. He promised an email within a week and he never did.
Same conversation with nice Lyngdorf man who did send an email.
Won’t be buying McIntosh. Reading through their website afterwards seems only most expensive McIntosh has roomperfect, not all of them as he said

Did anyone visit the Dynaudio room? Unfortunately I wasn’t able to go this year but in previous years I recall it producing some of the best sounds at the show (on the end of naim amplification 252/300 if my memory serves me correctly). Just wondering what they were showcasing this year?

I entered the competition to win the SF speaker. I told the chap I was interested in McIntosh processors. He promised an email within a week and he never did.
Same conversation with nice Lyngdorf man who did send an email.
Won’t be buying McIntosh. Reading through their website afterwards seems only most expensive McIntosh has roomperfect, not all of them as he said

they were still packing up late into the night some of them . it was a very busy show, i am still waiting for stuff i ordered so might need to be a bit patient re the mac :)

Did anyone visit the Dynaudio room? Unfortunately I wasn’t able to go this year but in previous years I recall it producing some of the best sounds at the show (on the end of naim amplification 252/300 if my memory serves me correctly). Just wondering what they were showcasing this year?

i just adore dynaudio . imho the dyn room was a thumping disco which you could not appreciate at all . however these days i am a bit of a BOF , many younger folks love to have their ears caved in :D:D

That’s a shame (the disco impersonation not your description of being a BOF!). I vividly recall being mesmerised by the sound a pair of Contour 20s were making a few years ago with a decent level Naim rig. And a very classy room set up.

Conversely, I remember the most expensive Dynaudios driven by the most expensive Chords being about the most unpleasant thing I’ve ever heard. It was like listening from the bottom of a dark swamp.

I found this interesting. Less for the Hifi but the cabinet, nice. I believe it's available from JL for around £600.

20230225-134857.jpg

20230225-134820.jpg

advertisement

Back