advertisement

The watch thread: pocket, wrist, sporty, showy? You name it!

Good point. You should be able to quickly glance at a wristwatch to tell the time, much quicker than fumbling with a phone.(IUnless you're one of those saddos who keep it in their hand 24 hrs a day).
Sure, if it's all about function, in which case the divers, flieger or military watches are the choice. But this is a bit of jewellery, a pretty gadget for your wrist. I think it's great, even if I wouldn't want one to wear every day. I'm your Alpinist kind of guy, you see, outdoory rufty tufty type, need a watch that looks the part.

Sure, if it's all about function, in which case the divers, flieger or military watches are the choice. But this is a bit of jewellery, a pretty gadget for your wrist. I think it's great, even if I wouldn't want one to wear every day. I'm your Alpinist kind of guy, you see, outdoory rufty tufty type, need a watch that looks the part.

Well said Steve ,
I really like the watch but it wouldn't be my one and only its more like a piece a jewellery, I was wearing it the other day and ended up with 5 people asking
me a questions about it, I never get anything like that if a wear a Panerai or Rolex but this is a real conversation starter love or hate it.

PS I've a new Facebook page showing the stuff I get up to on my Horology Course at University and some of the watches I repair and service
Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089483695356

Hi Paul being its just -2 I really wouldn't bother
There are 2 screws on the balance wheel which are used to adjust the time keeping
Sometime to try is if you don't wear your watch when you sleeping try leaving with the crown pointing up over
night as that should speed the watch up a little , give it a go and let me know how you get on
Hi Bazza, ok I reset around this time on 28th and checked it was fully wound and have worn only the Mido for 5 days about 16 hours a day every day and sat it with crown up whenever taken off. I’m down 18s after 5 days so I don’t think I’ve seen a difference.

You use the compass as the hour hand and the inner track is a rotating minute track its very cool
The watch won the GPHG Challenge back in 2021 in Switzerland ,the details are amazing

Bonkers and I like it. Is this picture supposedly taken somewhere in Southern Ocean south of Madagascar? Hate to nitpick but it sort of bothers me that the “compass” doesn’t point N-S but at the time.

edit. Assuming you’re not also on a sailboat I now see the viewpoint does not move. Opportunity lost ;-). I wonder why that particular viewpoint was chosen. A view from a pole with a 24 hour outer ring would’ve given you AM/PM.

Bonkers and I like it. Is this picture supposedly taken somewhere in Southern Ocean south of Madagascar? Hate to nitpick but it sort of bothers me that the “compass” doesn’t point N-S but at the time.

edit. Assuming you’re not also on a sailboat I now see the viewpoint does not move. Opportunity lost ;-). I wonder why that particular viewpoint was chosen.

The Company CIGA Design are an based in China so I guess thats it , they are the first Asian company to ever to win the award
I see were your coming from that would of been cool idea chap

Hi Bazza, ok I reset around this time on 28th and checked it was fully wound and have worn only the Mido for 5 days about 16 hours a day every day and sat it with crown up whenever taken off. I’m down 18s after 5 days so I don’t think I’ve seen a difference.

Thats unusual normally its works try crown down see if that works would be interesting, but honestly that level of time keep is amazing
I had a new AP once and that at its best was 9s plus a day , Rolex offer +2s -2s a day, I personally would be happy after all there are over 86k
in a day yours is just losing 2 what's very good Sir

I’ve just bought this. Is it the ‘perfect everyday watch’ like some of the reviews say? I don’t know, but it’s very wearable, nicely detailed and hopefully not too showy-offy. Maybe it’s about to be discontinued, with the arrival of the brightly coloured versions?
B24-FBD6-D-D41-D-41-FE-AB38-FF57-A810-EDA0.jpg

I’ve just bought this. Is it the ‘perfect everyday watch’ like some of the reviews say? I don’t know, but it’s very wearable, nicely detailed and hopefully not too showy-offy. Maybe it’s about to be discontinued, with the arrival of the brightly coloured versions?
B24-FBD6-D-D41-D-41-FE-AB38-FF57-A810-EDA0.jpg

I've promised myself I'll trade my Breitling Avenger II GMT for one of those (the one with the white face and orange hand) as soon as I get back home in June. The Breitling is a brutal beast on the wrist and I never wear it. The Omega I think is understated elegance.

The Breitling does look like a bit of a monster and I see the problem. I really like that white Aqua Terra, but it’s only done in 41mm unfortunately.

I had an older Aqua Terra with plain black face (without the horizontal lines) but stupidly sold it and regret it to this day. Second hand prices have gone up over 1k since ...

I had an older Aqua Terra with plain black face (without the horizontal lines) but stupidly sold it and regret it to this day. Second hand prices have gone up over 1k since ...
I also have this one, a Railmaster but really an Aqua Terra; it even says Aqua Terra on the back. It’s an 8204.52.37 36.2mm, which is apparently really hard to find, though I wasn’t aware of that when I bought it last year. I was a tad concerned that they were a bit too similar, but they are sufficiently different I think.
54-F08-AE7-6493-4-CFC-8197-DBAF8098-E200.jpg

advertisement

Back