advertisement

A thread to recommend stuff on the BBC

Living the 90s dream here, watching:

Edge of Daekness, for the second time

House of Cards, for the first

Both top class, of course.

Yes the gold is a very enjoyable watch

Also enjoying the latest series of unforgotten on itv .although i keep thinking back to goodness gracious me when i watch it .the husband of the detective was on the bill for many years .i bumped into him at greenbelt festival some years back

Started to watch Better, about a bent cop who is trying to extricate herself from the mess she has gotten into. An interesting premise, but for some reason it doesn't work very well, so have given up on it.

There’s an excellent podcast on the Sounds under ‘The Gangster’ strand, latest series focuses on Brinksmat robbery.

Let’s just say Kenneth Noye was a lot nastier than portrayed on the recent TV series.

There’s an excellent podcast on the Sounds under ‘The Gangster’ strand, latest series focuses on Brinksmat robbery.

Let’s just say Kenneth Noye was a lot nastier than portrayed on the recent TV series.
Aye...did a bit of Wikipedia after watching it. Same with Palmer.

How he managed to get away with the self defence defence after stabbing a guy five times in the back and five times in the front is unbelievable I always thought that the SD defence had to be proportional.

The murder of Steven Cameron is just as bad, he actually was the passenger in the van his girlfriend was driving when Noye remonstrated with her after she had apparently cut him up. SC battered Noye who then went into his car and brought out a knife and stabbed him to death then Palmer got Noye to the South of France when Noye did a runner after the murder Palmer chartered a helicopter then got Noye to southern Spain after the chateaux he put him up in France.

The murder of Palmer was at first reported by the police who originally attended as death by natural causes when in fact he’d been shot five times which they ‘missed’ after examining the body.

advertisement

Back