advertisement

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

It isn't trip-hop, IMO, but it as close as this - a NIN cover and, combined with this video and a little of the background to its writing, one of the most memorable, most haunting, hauntingly beautiful, pieces of music that I have ever heard. The album that it comes from is one of the most thought-provoking that has ever been recorded, surely?

(Investigate Leafar Legov - just one album - Mirror, and a handful of EPs totally and utterly gob-smackingly stunning - you will adore the music @smike - I am certain)

Yes this version of NINS hurt is so sad, poignant and beautiful. It just feels so damn real, raw and emotive. The imagery of the video matches the music so well. The bit when he pours the drink on the table makes the hairs on the back of neck stand up. Songs like this make me realise what a magical remedy music really is.

It isn't trip-hop, IMO, but it as close as this - a NIN cover and, combined with this video and a little of the background to its writing, one of the most memorable, most haunting, hauntingly beautiful, pieces of music that I have ever heard. The album that it comes from is one of the most thought-provoking that has ever been recorded, surely?

(Investigate Leafar Legov - just one album - Mirror, and a handful of EPs totally and utterly gob-smackingly stunning - you will adore the music @smike - I am certain)

Plus will check out Leafar Legov. Thanks.

advertisement

Back