advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

No idea if its on netflix or prime but watched sweet country which is a very moving australian film . Slightly upsetting ending though that makes you think a lot

How shallow am I?

current viewing:
Last of Us,
Picard - just finished S2.

I’m sorry…

future viewing;
1923… deffo

There is some really weird stuff buried on Amazon prime. Recently stumbled across the full American Film Theatre series from the 70's, the highlight of which is probably In Celebration - A superb Lindsay Anderson theatre adapation from 1975 starring Brian Cox, Alan Bates, Bill Owen & James Bolam. The Iceman Cometh & Butley from the same series are also excellent. I'm sure I would have also loved Gene Wilder doing Ionesco were I still smoking a lot of pot.

The whole series has been really hard to find, so it's great to see it on a mainstream streaming service. Stacks of cool old B Movies on Prime, as well.

Some time ago, someone here mentioned a series that I had never heard of as being one of the best things ever written. I think it was a British production, possibly for BBC, and about 30-40 years old. If it jogs a memory, please let me know.

Some time ago, someone here mentioned a series that I had never heard of as being one of the best things ever written. I think it was a British production, possibly for BBC, and about 30-40 years old. If it jogs a memory, please let me know.
Was it this post by @Colin L about The Edge of Darkness?
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thr...-amazon-prime-iii.263490/page-31#post-4860517

If so, you are in luck. BBC4 have started showing the series, so you can catch up on iPlayer here. Episodes 1-4 available. Episodes 5-6 to come.

That'll be the one then. Superb.
Watched it (yet) again just a few weeks ago.

I watched RRR last night on Netflix, all 3 hours of it! Incredible on so many levels, and arguably the best sound effects I've ever heard.

220px-RRR_Poster.jpg

I watched RRR last night on Netflix, all 3 hours of it! Incredible on so many levels, and arguably the best sound effects I've ever heard.

220px-RRR_Poster.jpg

I put this one in the same category as Everything Everywhere. Totally bonkers, but a visual spectacle and kind of fun if you are in the right mood.

I think I'm more of a Om Shanti Om fan.

The Night Agent on Netflix is a well done, fun, but ultimately predictable spy thriller. Nice to see some unfamiliar, younger faces getting the lead roles.

advertisement

Back