advertisement

Folk/Acoustic

I'm more of an ambient / electronic listener but lately I've been listening a lot to the Wicker Man OST and finding myself being captivated by a lot of the music (especially the slightly darker tracks).

Can anyone give me a few directions to go in to discover similar material?

I've got the two "Gather in the mushrooms" compilations which I also really enjoy.

I'm more of an ambient / electronic listener but lately I've been listening a lot to the Wicker Man OST and finding myself being captivated by a lot of the music (especially the slightly darker tracks).

Can anyone give me a few directions to go in to discover similar material?

I've got the two "Gather in the mushrooms" compilations which I also really enjoy.
Hi there,
Pity those compilations aren't on Spotify.
Take a look at this playlist to see if there's anything you like... if so, there's a whole series of them to investigate
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4wZxaD2VVcObpdLEYTnOu9?si=7622900dd8544775
Apologies if you don't use Spotify, let me know and I'll dig some videos out.
If you like ambient, try a band called Kayam.
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Hi maccar, hope you're doing good.

Just thought I'd pop in & offer up another.. no not ES song.. but one from 'the other chap' Lou barlow:

Acoustic. Not neccessarily 'folk in the usual vein'. Which I prefer as a rule.

Capt

You definitely should play one, just for the hell of it, especially if you can find one that is set up correctly. But I recommend you adopt a seated position to enjoy the experience. :)

John

Just came across this guy, John Bramwell, on Spotify, title track from his excellent 2017 album
think the Captain might like it.
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Hi maccar, I do & especially the pedal steel which makes it I think. Nice voice 'texture' he has too.

Laura Cantrell's best song this, to me: I am going back to 2005 or so here so not particularly relevant.. just excellent, pure, country songwriting. I saw her that year at a low key bordeline lunchtime show, only 200 of us, whispering bob harris quietly introduced her too which was kinda nice.

A very sweet rickenbacker 12 string chiming away on this lovely album, just a treat when done right.

advertisement

Back