advertisement

Another mains fuse hits the streets

The fuse is in the consumer unit; no need for mains plugs fuses as they don't have ring mains over there in foreignland. I don't have mains fuses (or plugs/sockets) as I have dedicated radials; same principle.
The former UK empire don't have ring mains, but still use UK style plugs with fuses. This is because the 20A MCB won't protect the appliance power cable

Surely they've missed a trick here.

Just think of the untapped 'Sparky Market' that could potentially start offering an Audiophile fuse box with '£2000 a pop' breakers in it. (Purple/Orange/Gold/Green/etc.)

I'm off to Dragon's Den right now!

We all may scoff but I will bet the house on the fact that someone on this site will buy one of these fuses. They just won't go public about it.
After all...there are people on here who have spent thousands on wooden boxes with dirt in them...grounding boxes are they ? And there are quite a few people on here who have spent into the hundreds on other makes of these exotic fuses.

You need two fuses in parallel - one for the positive half of the AC signal and one for the negative half.

I would have thought it was obvious, frankly.

Of course, how could I have underestimated their marketing department.....

Jez, yes. He often went a bit too far perhaps, but he was basically right about everything.
A foo fuse is like foo power cables: no effect whatsoever on how the equipment will sound. Another electrical nonsense. Nothing can justify the expense.
Does it even make workers (possibly in China) earn their living property?
I doubt it. But people behind their computers will, for some time, make profit. That’s pure marketing.
This makes me think of so-called electricity sellers we have now in France who don’t produce anything, just paperwork.

if you examine the picture it looks like a standard fuse with a printed label and piece of heat shrink or rubber, you can see some of the original printing on it.

Even says they are directional - so you do have to have 2 in parallel:rolleyes: - anyone who gets suckered into this king of b------s has got more money than they know what to do with.
Bring back Jez:D

Jez's pithy comments were always good value. Didn't suffer fools gladly and said it how it is. I heard he's not been too well lately anyone know any more?

Even says they are directional - so you do have to have 2 in parallel:rolleyes: - anyone who gets suckered into this king of b------s has got more money than they know what to do with.
Bring back Jez:D
Anyone who gets suckered into audiophile fuses and mains cables is clearly stupid is more like the truth!

if you examine the picture it looks like a standard fuse with a printed label and piece of heat shrink or rubber, you can see some of the original printing on it.
If they are not proper fuses inside, they could be dangerous and would void your house insurance

Anyone who gets suckered into audiophile fuses and mains cables is clearly stupid is more like the truth!

I looove how speaker cables and interconnects aren't mentioned here!

I'm pretty sure a few posters are like lol fuses who would buy these! Foo!

*Cowers shyly in front of full nordost loom*

advertisement

Back