advertisement

Another mains fuse hits the streets

It would be interesting to know if any non believers have actually tried any of the Synergistic Research fuses and remained non believers or been converted.

Am I right in believing that European countries (sans fuses) have better sounding setups than us poor Brits, due to our appliances being fused?

The fuse is in the consumer unit; no need for mains plugs fuses as they don't have ring mains over there in foreignland. I don't have mains fuses (or plugs/sockets) as I have dedicated radials; same principle.

It took me a minute to realise that 'refuse' is the action of fitting new fuses to one's hi-fi.

Not the action of refusing to spend £6k on fuses.

I thought they were “refuse” as in heading for landfill:D.

Just a thought, but if they are supposedly an improvement on standard fuses do they “work” better or “blow” better?

Last edited:
Was going to post a question about ‘ceramic’ fuses which i’d recently heard about?
Presume that these are different?
The annoying thing is that, when I hear of these ‘tweaks,’ such as the effects of speaker leads, interconnect cables, and power cables, and can then hear the differences that they make, I then can’t resist purchasing them!
I shall not, therefore, risk, trying audiophile fuses!

My full RKR system had polished copper blanks instead of fuses (before the spurs were hard wired). I can’t tell you how much better it sounded when I removed them since I no longer felt in danger of being arrested or burned alive.

I then messed around with various audiophile fuses, not these, and like most stuff like this my system sounded better when I added them and again when I removed them. Explicit confirmation bias in action.

Is this the one that replaced a Hana? What are your thoughts so far?
It replaced the Rega Ania - the AT-OC9XSH is very real sounding, dynamic, fast tight bass, with loads of nuanced top end detail. I also got the Lingo 4 and T-Kable at the same time so my memory of hearing the separate components last weekend are now very blurred.

£590 for a fuse FFS….
... Then we wonder why we can't get young people involved in high end audio as a pastime and the rest of the sane world is laughing at us.

LPSpinner.

Agreed. But ... young people will never get into high end audio as a whole. I don't know why a fair few older audiophiles get annoyed about these kids and their mp3s etc

Was going to post a question about ‘ceramic’ fuses which i’d recently heard about?
Presume that these are different?
The annoying thing is that, when I hear of these ‘tweaks,’ such as the effects of speaker leads, interconnect cables, and power cables, and can then hear the differences that they make, I then can’t resist purchasing them!
I shall not, therefore, risk, trying audiophile fuses!

Nah. It's quite easy to resist tbh. Who honestly has the time or energy to try all this out?

The fuse is in the consumer unit; no need for mains plugs fuses as they don't have ring mains over there in foreignland. I don't have mains fuses (or plugs/sockets) as I have dedicated radials; same principle.
These days in modern installations there are no actual fuses but circuit breakers in the consumer unit.
And here, in France at least, the ring mains is banned - all circuits are radials.

advertisement

Back